𝐱𝐢.

The next day, Hazel had several theories she spent half her night figuring out. For two of them, she would have to keep a close eye on all the Cullens. And, if she was correct, she had absolutely no idea what she was going to do.

"I'm going to miss being your fake-wife." Hazel felt two chilly arms wrap around her tired body. She turned and Alice let go.

"I'm going to miss being a fake-mother," Hazel sighed. Jasper shuffled behind Alice and held out Marco. "Morning," she greeted with a smile. He returned the gesture.

So far, Hazel thought, everything seems normal. But they've probably had to keep this secret for years.

"Our very last day with out fake-son," Alice pouted. She cradled Marco tenderly in her arms. "His fake-life was just beginning." Hazel couldn't help but frown, too.

"Yeah," she spoke, "our last day fake-together." Alice noticed the upsidedown grin on Hazel's face.

"But that just means we can spend more days real-together!" Alice cheered. Hazel sent her a look. "Not as a couple," Alice leaned in closer to Hazel, "unless that's what you want." She pulled back and winked at the girl.

Hazel flushed and became a stuttering mess. Alice merely laughed at her. Jasper watched the two, keeping on his normal straight face. However, he could not deny Hazel's reaction had amused him.

"Oh, Hazel!" Minnie ran up to her best friend, not even taking notice of the Cullens. "Have you seen Christian? He hasn't been seen since fourth period yesterday." Hazel bit her lip and shook her head. "Shit."

"I'll go down to the Rez this afternoon, ask Billy if he's seen him." Minnie nodded with a grateful smile. "I'll go alone. If I need it, I'll call for text you for backup."

Alice and Jasper watched Haazel calmly speak to her panicking best friend. Jasper, however, could feel her distress like sharp knives. To comfort her, on Jasper's signal, she came up and locked their pinkies together. It seemed to work for Hazel just as much as it did for Alice.

"Thanks," Hazel breathed in relief once Minnie scurried off. "You two are like emotional lifesavers." Hazel let out a short laugh.

"Don't worry anymore," Alice smiled, "don't hesitate to ask for help." Hazel took a deep breath.

"We've got AP History, right, Jasper?" The boy nodded. Hazel closed her locker and found herself staring at the baby in Jasper's arm. "Two weeks, and I still don't know it's name."

"Vera," Jasper replied as the three walked. "My partner gave her the name. I wrote the backstory. She's adopted." Hazel snorted.

"What a beautiful story that must have been." Alice gave the girl a pointed look. "Sorry."

The trio walked in silence down the hall. Alice soon left for her art class, leaving Jasper and Hazel in an awkward, but comfortable silence. At times, Jasper or Hazel went to say something, but then closed their mouths.

"How do you feel about the supernatural?" Hazel inquired out of the blue. Jasper stayed in shocked silence for a moment.

"I suppose it is interesting. Do you mean any tale or mythology specifically or...?" Hazel shrugged.

"I don't know. It was the first thing that popped to mind." Hazel replied.

"I guess the legends surrounding the creatures are pretty cool to hear. About unicorns, werewolves and stuff." Jasper informed, glancing at the girl with his golden irises.

He began to feel more anxious with each passing second, and he wasn't sure if it was him or Hazel.

"I really like the beings in Greek mythology," Hazel hummed, tucking a curl behind her ear. "Satyrs, Gods, Nymphs. And, my favourite, the Minotaur. Its entire life is messed up." Hazel sighed in disdain.

"Because Aphrodite made Midas's wife fall madly in love with a cow, making him her offspring?" Jasper asked, and received a nod in reply.

"But also because his father put him in The Labrinth. His family called him a monster, so he conformed and became one." Hazel let out a sad breath. "I guess that's just how shitty life can be."

"Guess so," Jasper hummed.

He looked at the girl beside him and sighed. He could feel all the pain she hid from everyone. All the sufferings that lingered in her body. He knew he had to make it go away for her.