[Chapter 16] - A Pleasant Chat

Legend:
(Y/N) - Your Name
(L/N) - Last Name
(E/C) - Eye Color
(LF/S) - Least Favorite Subject

===========================

(Your POV)

(Y/N): Ahh... The food was super good.

Yuri: I agree. Especially the sandwiches.

Sayori: Aww shucks! You guys are too kind. Besides, the desserts really took the cake.

(Y/N): Well I mean, my cookies weren't really that special. Natsuki was the one who made those sweet cupcakes.

Natsuki: You're cookies were good too you know.

(Y/N): Not as good as your delectable cupcakes.

Natsuki: Is not!

(Y/N): Is too!

I could hear the girls giggle at our little dispute. Eventually, we both gave up and said that both our desserts were great.

I stood up and stretched my legs. Natsuki looked up to me as I gave her my hand to help her up.

(Y/N): Let's go for a walk Nat.

Monika: Oh, you guys are leaving?

(Y/N): Just probably for a stroll. I mean, look at the scenery. It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming...

Monika: You're not funny you know that?

(Y/N): (chuckles) At least you know where I was getting that.

The girls and Shai were looking at us confused since they had no idea what I was talking about. If YOU do, well have a virtual cookie.

Anyways, after pulling Natsuki up, we walked towards a trail that took us across the park. Neither Natsuki nor I said a word after we left the picnic. Breaking the ice, I decided to strike up a conversation to get rid of the awkward tension.

(Y/N): So umm... How did you like the picnic?

Natsuki: I honestly thought it was okay. Better than I expected.

(Y/N): That's good.

And the awkward tension rises again. The only thing that wasn't making our walk completely silent was the birds chirping in a distance. Ugh! Why am I so bad at talking? Why am I bad at any of this?

Suddenly, a question came to my mind about that dream I had yesterday.

(Y/N): I've been meaning to ask you something.

Natsuki: What is it?

(Y/N): Well... I know this is sorta out of the blue, but do you think we should get married in a field of beautiful flowers?

I could see Natsuki's eyes widen in realization of something. Guess I hit the jackpot, she really was in the same dream I was in.

Natsuki: I-I told you already that w-we only started dating you know...

(Y/N): (smirks) Really? I don't you remember you saying that.

Natsuki: Y-You don't?

(Y/N): (laughs) I'm just kidding. Of course I knew. In that dream we both had.

Natsuki: It was kind of crazy we both shared a dream together.

(Y/N): Mhm. Hey, let's go over to that tree over there and stay in the shade for a bit.

Natsuki: I guess it is kind of getting hot out here.

(Y/N): Well, not as hot as you.

(WHACK!)