Epilogue

Epilogue - Happy Ever After

Amelia Romanov's P.O.V.

End of March.

Location: Central Kingdom.

I stare down at my little boy as I stroke his cheek gently. His lips are turned up into a cute pout as he sleeps peacefully. It was hard to get him to go to sleep after feeding but an hour later he had thankfully drifted off into a deep slumber. It has only been two weeks since he was born so I'm finding it quite difficult to adjust to the parent life.

All the work is now on Lazarus and Nova's shoulders as I'm struggling to get some rest. Everyone had left just a few days ago and that includes my mom. However, I regret telling her that I would be fine. Of course, everyone in the castle has been so caring towards me and my son but I guess I'm just finding it hard to manage everything on my own especially when I'm still in the process of healing from giving birth.

Ivan has yet to return but I'm hopeful that it will be any day now. Dad and uncle Vulcan traveled by ship to the central kingdom and when they got off at the harbor they reported that Ivan's scent was a few hours old. So that means that they are close behind him. The main harbor that we use is quite far from the castle but a day has passed since their call so now it's just a waiting game.

Will he still remember me? I wonder to myself. It will hurt me to see that he doesn't but him returning home safe and sound matters much more than that. I turn to my baby when he whimpers and rub his stomach to soothe him. Whispering to him that I'm here and peppering his soft skin with kisses I watch as he settles down again. He's so precious and I can't imagine what I would do without him. I would go crazy if anything happened to him that's for sure.

"Amelia!" Nova's excited voice filters through my mind as she all but screams into the link. "Ivan –"

Everything fades away once she says his name. Is he here?! I wonder before getting off the bed quickly yet quietly. My heart hammers away in my chest as I race towards the door but it opens before my hand can clasp around the doorknob. I feel tears brim my eyes and stream down my cheeks at the sight before me.

"Ivan." I whisper as I take him in.

All his emotions slam into me as the mate bond is strengthened once more. His mind is blocked off and because of that I don't know what to expect. He's dressed in a cream colored tunic with shorts that reach his knees and shoes. I notice the scar on his temple but other than that he looks okay. But I know that the damage lies underneath those clothes. I'm afraid to do or say anything because I'm not sure if he remembers me. But he came up to our room. Surely he does? I think to myself.

"Amelia." He breathes and graces me with a handsome smile that I've missed so much. "Come here, Солнышко." (Little sun)

A strangled sob escapes me as I throw myself at him the moment he steps into the room and closes the door. I almost sigh in bliss as I feel the familiar sparks and tingles again as our bond rejoices over the contact. Oh, how much I've missed this. He wraps me up in his comforting embrace before his lips come crashing down on mine. I'm still crying softly as he kisses me and hold onto him tightly for fear of him disappearing. I waited for him for so long and he's finally home. What's even better is that he remembers me!

"I've missed you so much." He picks me up and twirls me around with a laugh. "I'm home! I'm finally home!"

"Ivan, don't be so loud." I plead softly as he places me back down on the ground.

"What – why? What's wrong?" He mutters in confusion with brows furrowed as he pulls back.

"Nothing's wrong." I smile as I caress his cheek. "Our son just went down for his nap and he gets very grumpy when woken up."