N I N E

Adrian

I watched as she gulped.

"No" she croaked. She shook her head and tried again "No, sir"

"Really? Then would you care to explain why you even bothered coming in today; or better yet, why you came in for the interview in the first place?" I asked, congratulating myself on how authoritative I was being considering I felt like flipping her over my table and...telling her good morning....you know....my way.

"I'm so sorry sir, it'll never happen again" I loved watching her beg.

But seriously, there were little bags under her eyes and she looked drained, as if she hadn't gotten any sleep.

"It better not" I picked up the contract I was reading before she came in.

She turned to leave the stopped "Is there anything you'd like me to to do?"

I smirked "Get me a cup of coffee"

           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am going to die.

Literally.

I tried to take deep breaths but it wasn't working, I wasn't just drinking in more of her scent.

She was right beside me, bent over, and looking at the document I'd provocatively asked her to look at.

She. Was. So. Close.

She bit her lower lip slightly in concentration and I groaned.

"Do you have to stand so close?" I barked, wrinkling my nose.

She stepped back immediately and I felt like screaming.

"I'm sorry" She gave me a weird look. "About the document, there are no spelling errors"

Spelling errors. Yup, that was my excuse. Of course there are no spelling errors.

"I never make mistakes" I said out loud. "You can go"

She nodded shortly and walked out.

I leaned back in my chair and exhaled. I ran my fingers through my hair and then my phone rang.

"Hey mum" My mum only ever called for two reasons.

- To ask me if I was getting married any time soon

Or

- To complain about something.

"Oh, hello, Adrian" She always sounded surprised when somebody picks her calls as I'd she wasn't the one who picked the phone and dialled the number "How are you, dear?"

"I'm fine thank you" and because I couldn't just outright ask her why she was calling, I added "And you?"

"Oh dear, I'm very well. Your Uncle John is not, however"

Complain it is then.

"He drove his truck into a neighbors living room"

You know there's always that member of the family who always seems to be in one jam or the other; yeah, well, in my family, that's my mum's brother; Uncle John.

He doesn't have a penny to his name because he spends all of his and some of others' on alcohol and women. Driving into some neighbour's living room meant he was needed a lot of money which I assume is where I come in.

I played dumb anyway "And what's that got to do with me?"

"Oh, come on Adrian. He's your uncle!"

"Mum, you know I'm not going to give him any money" we've gone over this so many times....

"And why not, young man? He's family!"

....and I always ended up giving him "Because he's just going to spend it all on what he does best"

"Adrian! That was rude" She scolded me. I massaged my temples.

"How much?"

I promised to send the money and she was just beginning her lecture about how I should find a nice girl when my door clicked open

"Mum, I'll have to call you later"

"Hello, Adrian" Diane greeted.

Diane and I were...friends....with benefits.

I raked my eyes over her body. Damn!

"Diane"

She smirked "I see you've got yourself a new slave"

I chuckled, knowing she was referring to Miss Ash.

She came around the desk and perched on the table, in between my spread legs.

"Well, just let her know her place"

Yeah Diane thinks we're dating and I've never been in the mood to tell her.

"Of course"

I could feel her foot sliding up my leg. Higher and higher and higher....then she stopped and pressed down gently and I groaned.

She leaned down, her lips next to my ear "Because if she doesn't..." She nibbled my earlobe.

I didn't need all these games. I grabbed her waist and flipped her around in one swift motion and unbuckled my pants.

Before I pulled her skirt up, I pressed the intercom

"Miss Ash, I don't want to be disturbed"

Adrian, Adrian, Adrian, what shall we do with you?