21. Fluffy

Y/N's POV

"That's it, I'm done for." Harry sighed. "Once Snape gets the stone for Voldemort, he'll come and finish me off."

"Woah, calm down Harry." I said, trying to reassure him. "Voldemort's afraid of Dumbledore, if Dumbledore's here, he won't come for you."

"Y/N's right." Hermione nodded, before going off to do some final revision before our exams.

On the day of the exams, I could tell Harry was nervous. I suppose he was half-expecting Voldemort to burst through the door during one of our exams.

Today was really hot, especially in the large classroom where we did our written papers. We had been given special, new quills for the exams, which had been bewitched with an Anticheating spell.

We had practical exams as well. Professor Flitwick called us one by one into his class to see if we could make a pineapple tap dance across a desk, I managed that quite successfully in my opinion. Professor McGonagall watched us turn a mouse into a snuffbox, points were given for how pretty the snuffbox was but taken away if it had whiskers. Snape made us all nervous, breathing down our necks while we tried to remember how to make a Forgetfulness potion.

I did my best in every exam, hoping that I would do well, I had revised with Hermione maybe once or twice in the Library or Common Room but the whole 'Philosopher's Stone and Voldemort trying to steal it' issue kept me busy.

Our very last exam was History of Magic. One hour of answering questions about batty old wizards who'd invented self-stirring cauldrons and we would be free, free for a whole wonderful week until our exam results came out. When the ghost of Professor Binns told us to put down our quills and roll up our parchment, I couldn't help but cheer with the rest of the class.

"That was far easier than I thought it would be," said Hermione as we joined the crowds flocking out onto the sunny grounds, "I needn't have learned about the 1637 Werewolf Code of Conduct or the uprising of Elfric the Eager."

"No more studying." I sighed happily, stretching out on the grass.

"You could look more cheerful, Harry, we've got a week before we find out how badly we've done, there's no need to worry yet." Ron then added.

"I wish I knew what this means!" he burst out angrily. "My scar keeps hurting, it's happened before, but never as often as this."

"Go to Madam Pomfrey," Hermione suggested.

"I'm not ill," said Harry, "I think it's a warning...it means danger's coming..."

"Harry, relax the Stone's safe as long as Dumbledore's around. Anyway, we've never had any proof Snape found out how to get past Fluffy. He nearly had his leg ripped off once, he's not going to try it again in a hurry." I said.

There was a silence before Harry suddenly jumped to his feet.

"Where're you going?" asked Ron sleepily.

"I've just thought of something," said Harry. He had turned white, "we've got to go and see Hagrid, now."

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd," said Harry, "that what Hagrid wants more than anything else is a dragon, and a stranger turns up who just happens to have an egg in his pocket? How many people wander around with dragon eggs if it's against wizard law? Lucky they found Hagrid, don't you think? Why didn't I see it before?"

"What are you talking about?" said Ron, no one answered his question.

When we arrived, Hagrid was sitting in an armchair outside his house.