Chapter 17

"You killed her?"

All of them look around at one another. From the looks of it, it seems like they were communicating.

"Answer me!" The ground under us shakes. While they try to keep balance, I meet their towering frames with my standing self. Yet, I was still short against them.

"Did you kill Ruby? Did you kill my aunt?" I didn't care about the sting from the cuts. The only pain I could feel was the one of my breaking heart.

"We had too..."

"Why? She didn't do anything!"

"She was in the way. Whenever I was close to getting to you, she would erase your memory and take you away some where else."

      Those dreams weren't dreams; yet memories of Damien. All those years, I have met him time after time, always being drawn to him.

He has one good quality...he is one really good stalker.

"You killed her...because she was annoying to you? Because she messed with your plans?"

"It had to be done."

"What else have you done? You lie to me my whole life. You kill my last family member. What's next? Are you going to kill my cat now?" Salem comes running in and hides behind my legs for protection.

"Not if it doesn't get in the way." I hear Nick mumble under his breath.

"No matter what you do, Damien, I will not go back to you. You've given me enough reasons to hate you..."

      Then it fucking clicks.

Everybody is dead.

"Wait...wait a fucking second...you killed my aunt...did...did you kill my mother?"

"You saw her die. She was burned at the stake." Damien says, "I know you saw it. I was the one to pull you away from it."

"That doesn't mean you did the action. The mayor arrived at our house out of no where."

"She wouldn't have allowed me to come for you, if she were still alive."

"Is that a confession? You were the one to tell the town about my mother?"

      He only stares at me with his emotionless face. But I could tell through his eyes, that he committed the sin of murder.

"Let me get this straight, you've killed my whole family?"

"Not your father."

"That man can go fuck himself. He works for you like a no good dog. He sold me off! He is already dead to me!" All at once, the glass in the whole apartment breaks and explodes. All of us, standing our ground to face each other.

"You have killed my family! And you have ruined me! Destroyed me beyond compare! Leave Damien! I never want to see you ever again!"

"I will not! You will be with me!"

"Leave Damien! Or I'll kill you. Or maybe, better yet, I'll kill myself."

"You fucking wouldn't."

"I would. I have nothing left to live for. Maybe I can finally discover if I can die."

"Katarina, you aren't thinking correctly right now."

"Goodbye Damien. I hope you rot in hell." A giant puff of black fog surrounds myself and Salem. The next thing I see is the comforts of my Aunt's house.

      Everything was as she left it. She lived in New York in a tiny house built for one. The perfect house to escape for awhile. Just enough time to run away from my many problems.

*  *  *

     Over the course of the last two days, I've been busy. I sent Daniel a text saying I quit and will not be coming back. I did a little spell to transfer all my things into my aunts old house.

      I packed it all into things I absolutely needed. Giving away all my other things that were of little meaning. I use my large amount of savings and buy a car.

     It would only be a day left until my time in New York would pass. I could travel anywhere I wanted too. Usually Ruby picked where we would go. I could go to California or even Canada.

      I just need a little herbs to create a spell. A little spell that ensures that I am safe from all demons of the night.

     I walk down the street at a very fast pace. I can't risk any of Damien's men to see me. I have no doubt in my mind that he has placed them all over the city.

     I could see the shop only a block away. Once there I could get my tools then rush back home. Jump in the car, then zoom away.

      Yet, some man steps in front of my path. I try to continue walking on the left, but he steps there too. Then the left; he steps left.

"Excuse me." I say

"Katarina. It's been so long."

"Um...how do you know my name?" The man didn't look familiar. He had a bald head with a little black stubble on his face. Dark brown eyes that could pass as black.

"You look so much like her."

"Sorry. I need to go." I try to pass him again, but he doesn't let me.

"He tells me about how your powers are out of your control."

"Excuse me? Who are you?"

"You don't recognize me?"

"Um, no!"

"How could you though? It's been centuries. And you barely look like me."

"What?"

"It's me, Victor. Your father."

       And as one family member moves to the next life, another one enters.

More like another demon.

     When will someone be on my side for once? Damien has an army of followers and here I am.

      This man before me is nothing but another one of Damien's servants. Nothing, but a demon of the underworld.

Damnnnnnnn!

Damnnnnnnn!

Kat's life is going up in flames!

Hope you enjoy!