Seven

Weeks turned to months working for Clairmont and there were no more flub ups.

We scheduled our VA appointments for the same day so we could knock it out easily, and we went to each other when there was PTSD flare ups.

But we maintained a level of professionalism that kept us sane, balanced, and separated.

"Office is closed today, due to weather." I had already been ready to go, finding snow outside.

"Son of a bitch..." It hadn't snowed here in over four years.

"Yep, that's what I said, too." Clairmont had a mug in his hand. "Agnes made Hot Chocolate. Enjoy a rare day off. There's Bailey's in the fridge." I pursed my lips, and went back to my room, throwing my cozy sweats back on, and went and made myself a mug, and yes, I did throw just a bit of Bailey's in there.

"So, where's our next destination?" I asked, sipping my mug.

"Russia."

"Oh, Da?" He raised an eyebrow right before he sipped his mug. "Da, ya govaryu porusski." I stated easily.

"Every day you surprise me more and more." He muttered, finishing off his mug. I shrugged, settling in on the loveseat. A show called Letterkenny was playing, about this city in Canada, with Skids, Hicks, Christians, and Hockey Players... it was actually quite hilarious. They day progressed on with no harm, until Harris came in with a bloody buck.

"Good Lord, man!" Clairmont shouted. "Why isn't that thing in the garage?"

"It's iced shut!" I flattened my lips, no longer interested in my hot chocolate. "Can you go grab me a tarp so I can drag it down to the garage?" I immediately obliged so I could get the image out of my head. Once he got the tarp going, and the animal in the garage, Clairmont got a call.

"Oh for the love of god... Alright, I'll be at the building." He sighed, hanging up.

"What happened?" I asked stopping myself from drinking.

"Security breach. I need to go tend to it." I got up and went to go get dressed, but he stopped me before I ran off completely. "Just casual, nothing fancy. We have to bolt."

"Copy!"

*

It was a painfully slow drive but he had access to the cameras and he silently locked the breacher in, and I ran up to the room, gun drawn.

"Hands where I can see them!" The person was all in black. His hands stopped typing, and he had his finger over the enter button.

"You put your gun down, or I wipe your entire database." His accent screamed Middle Eastern. I made a call. I put my gun down towards Clairmont. "Smart woman..." He moved his hand, and that's when I launched myself, catching him in a chokehold.

"Fuck you, you Jihadi scum!" I slammed his head into the floor, cuffing him. "You're under Arrest." While Clairmont was busy calling 911, that's when this idiot began to put up a fight. I got reared in the head hard enough to make me lose my grip on him, and it made the world spin. Clairmont locked the door, ensuring he couldn't get out. He grabbed my extra cuffs and took him down, punching him so hard, it knocked him out cold.

"You okay?" I sluggishly stood, the world going in circles. "Whoa, okay. Sit down." He helped me sit down, examining my head.

"Secure the threat..." I gritted out, undoing my belt. "Get it around his leg and hook the other cuffs to the back of the chair." He nodded, hauling the guy up, and he called for duct tape from the security officer here. We taped his mouth shut, and made sure he was secure... well, Clairmont followed my slurred instructions, I just sat helpless on the floor.