Chapter 8

Chapter Eight - Sage

When I venture out of the kitchen with Vito the next morning, we head to the sitting room where loud voices are coming from. I see a blonde-haired woman sitting in a chair, talking with Corbin and another man in hushed tones. She's stunning with her angelic features and heart-shaped face, her light blue eyes reminding me of the sky. A bright smile graces her full lips when she spots me. Standing, she rounds the table quickly and embraces me, murmuring that she's so happy to finally meet me.

"I'm Sage, Asher's sister." She grins when she pulls away, my eyes widening in realization when I notice the similar features. "I'm so happy to meet you!"

"I'm Ayla." I smile, loving her bubbly personality. "I'm glad you're here, it's been very quiet since Asher left."

"My brother's no fun anyways." She winks cheekily before introducing me to the man who comes up behind her. "This is my guard, Ben."

"Your highness." He bows, making me flush slightly.

"Just Ayla, please." I smile, watching as Sage rolls her eyes at him playfully.

He nods and we all sit down on the armchairs and couches, the maids bringing in wine glasses filled with blood. It doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

"Asher told me you were attending a wedding, did you have a good time?" I turn to Sage, watching her eyes light up.

"Yes! It was amazing, I just wish I didn't have to come back so early." She pouts before looking to Vito and Corbin. "Any update on Blithe?"

"She has her hiding spots, I'll give her that." Vito mutters, taking a sip of his drink.

"Have you guys heard from Asher?" I ask, watching them shake their heads.

I'm worried about him, especially after Corbin told me that the sighting in the northern part of the city was a trap and the whole place blew up. Nobody knows if Asher and his warriors were near it; if anyone is hurt. We've tried calling and texting them but received no reply. We also can't ask other realms for help as the magic has been cut off and sending someone with a message is not worth the risk as Blithe is on a killing spree. I wish she would stop, killing people just because someone hurt you is a senseless act.

"Well boys, if you'll excuse us we have some much-needed girl time planned." I'm brought out of my thoughts when Sage grabs my hand and pulls me up.

Laughing at her energy, I follow her out of the room and down the hallway. She leads me back to the library and closes the door, but not before our guards take up post outside the room. Running over to one of the shelves, she pulls out a rectangular book. Bringing it over, she opens it up and I realize that it's a photo album. It's filled to the brim with pictures of them and their parents.

"So, you're two years younger than Asher?" I murmur, the question coming out as more of a statement.

"Yes, although I'm 238 years old and Asher is 240 in reality." She smirks and I nod in understanding.

She goes on to tell the stories behind every picture, a soft smile on her lips and a reminiscing look in her eyes. Just like Asher said, their childhood was sweet, full of adventure and family time. Sage is the spitting image of her mother and Asher is a mix of both his parents. Julius Antonov had dark brown hair and light blue eyes with a muscular build and he looked to be in his forties when I know he was probably way older. Sage received those angelic, soft features from her mother, Claire Antonov. Her mother had beautiful golden blonde hair and warm brown eyes, freckles smattered across her nose. She looked delicate yet strong at the same time, seemingly in her mid-thirties when these pictures were taken.