15

warning: a lil bit of smut in the second half of the chapter

"Why won't either of you tell me what you were fighting about?" I groan, sitting on the couch across from Hayden. We had just gotten back from the airport after dropping Calum off. 

A little bit after they shut my door yesterday to keep arguing, Calum slipped back into bed with me like he hadn't ever left in the first place. I figured things would be tense between the two of them but we all went out to dinner last night, and nothing seemed off. They were getting along better than I'd ever seen. 

I confessed to Calum after dinner that I had heard part of their fight and he told me not to worry about it. I tried for another thirty minutes to get him to talk to me about it, but he shut it down every single time. 

"We fixed things, so there's no need for you to worry anymore. It's fine really, Teagan." Hayden waves her hand at me to dismiss me. 

"I heard him yell at you and if it's not okay let me know.  I'll fix it." I say seriously. 

"I know Teagan, but it's fine. We talked it out. I have to admit, it was scary at first because you know, I've looked up to Calum for a few years now and to see him so angry at me was strange." 

That's understood. It was probably weird for her considering Calum went from someone's music she liked to someone that was actually in her life and existed outside of her playlist. 

"You're going to have to tell me eventually." I huff, crossing my arms. 

"You'll know soon enough." She wiggles her eyebrows at me, and I groan again. 

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? You aren't making this any easier on me." I throw my hands up and decide that if I'm going to get any information, it'll come from Calum. 

 "I'm not giving you any more information because if Cal knows that you know he'll be pissed at me again and I'm not having that." She laughs, and I roll my eyes. 

"Okay well instead of sitting here and trying to get you to talk, I'm going to the gym. Do you want to come?" I stand up and stretch my arms. 

"The gym that you applied for a job at and didn't get one? Oh wait, that's all of them." Hayden sticks her tongue out, and I shake my head.

"Mhm yeah, but we don't think about it when we go in there. Technically I didn't apply in person so they could think I'm someone else." 

Shuffling through my drawers, I find a matching workout set and change into it. 

"Except for the fact that the name Teagan Tidwell is kind of known for being Calum Hood's girlfriend." Hayden stands at my doorway. She's already in leggings and a sports bra. 

"Yeah, duh, so why wouldn't they want me?" I say sarcastically, knowing it's probably a reason why I wasn't hired.

After I'm changed, I grab my keys, and we make our way out to the car. We mess around at the gym for around thirty minutes before we start doing our workouts. Hayden had found someone else doing a workout on Instagram and said we should try to recreate it. 

"Okay, next we have to do this." She holds out her phone for me to see the move and I'm already out of breath from the previous section of the workout. 

"I swear you're trying to kill me." I always went through one of these phases. I hadn't been keeping up with my workout routines for about a month, and now that I'm starting again, I'm dying. 

Eventually, we finish the circuit a few more times, and I collapse onto the floor next to the weights we were using. 

"Damn, I'm not ever doing your workouts again. Next time I'm picking." I say to Hayden, laughing a little bit.