Welcome Home

The day had arrived faster than I had anticipated. My brother was due to pick me up in a few hours, so I had filled my morning with making sure that I had everything in order before he got here.

A sigh escaped my lips as I roamed around my room, gathering clothes I'd be wearing during my stay back at home. Jay had let me know that we'd be leaving today, and to say that I was stressing was an understatement.

I hadn't been back to the pack in years, and to see the faces of family, and old friends that I had left behind in search of my mate was stressful enough to just think about. I just wasn't ready. 

My phone began ringing as I packed my bag, and I quickly picked it up to see that it was Olivia calling, I sighed before answering.

"Hey, are you being called home too?" I asked her.

"Oh thank god it wasn't just me. Why the hell do they need us to attend? They know we have lives of our own right?" She groaned.

"Unfortunately they don't seem to care. I would assume they hope that we'll find our mates if we attend, and would then hopefully build an alliance with whatever pack our mate belongs to." I told her as I held the phone up to my ear with my shoulder, as I continued packing. 

"I'm not even looking for my guy right now! Plus you already found yours, so how is that even fair?" She whined.

I smiled a bit, silently agreeing with her.

"Yeah well it is what it is. Maybe after my performance we can sneak out and go somewhere." I suggested as I took a seat on my bed and sighed.

"Ooooh you're performing!? Oh my fuck, I've been dying to see you perform for so long. Girl you had better give me a good show because I want my money's worth you hear!" She exclaimed, earning a laugh from me.

"I'll do my best. I'm a little out of practice, but I pick things up quickly, plus you're a guest so you technically aren't paying for anything." I told her.

She scoffed, and I could practically see her flipping her hair and rolling her eyes.

"Well I still want to see an amazing performance, so don't disappoint, hun." She said.

I sighed and did a little air salute despite my knowing she couldn't see it.

"Aye aye, captain." I said.

"Alright, but I'll let you go for now. Take a picture of your outfit for the ball, so that I can identify you when you get there, ok?" she said.

"Alright, same with you. I'm hoping the place won't be super crowded so it'll be easy to find you." I said.

"True, but if you can't find me right away then always start at either the bar or near the food." She told me.

"Alright will do. I'm gonna finish my packing, so I'll catch you later." I said.

"Okay, byeeeeeeee." She said before hanging up.

I laughed a bit before tossing my phone onto the bed and finishing up my packing. 

An hour or two after I had finished packing, Jay arrived and helped me pack his car with my bags and the cooler I had packed with drinks and fruit for the long drive home.

As soon as we were done we hopped into the car, and hit the road.

The drive was well over 5 hours, as the pack resided deep in the mountains and was well hidden from prying eyes. By the time we had made it there the sun had already set, and the crickets had begun their nightly chirps.

I had texted my mother to let her know we were almost there beforehand, so as soon as we pulled into the familiar driveway of our childhood home, there stood our parents.