Fifteen ❤️

"Zayn oh my gosh" An extremely familiar voice called, making Zayn extremely happy.

"Neenee" The small boy smiled weakly, lifting a hand to wave at the muscular figure at the door. Even strapped up to a million devices, bruised and cut up, he was still so fucking precious in Liam's eyes.

"What happened babe" Liam cooed, Zayn's heart pounding at the word rolling off Liam's tongue. He felt soft when Liam called him those names.

"My-m-my mum" Zayn stuttered, face going from happy and dumbfounded to hurt and nervous. Liam didn't push the fragile boy any more, but instead he slid off his slides, (zayn hated how he wore socks and sandals) and lyes next to Zayn, sneaking an arm under the small boys waist and pulling him as close as humanly possible. If it had been anyone else, Zayn would have found the gesture hurting him because of his scars and bruises, but with Liam, he didn't feel any pain at all. The Bradford boy suddenly felt hot tears roll down his cheeks, sobbing slightly at the fact that he was crying, which is sort of ironic.

"It's okay baby. You're okay. Everything's okay now. You're sisters are okay, you're okay, no more worries Zee" Liam whispered softly, rubbing his thumb across Zayn's cheek in a movement to clear the fat tears, but Zayn felt it was the sweetest thing.

"I love you Zayn"

"I- I l-love you too L-Li" Zayn sobbed quietly, hiding his face in Liam's black tee shirt. They sat there with each other, talking about the most random things, giggling and hanging out until a doctor walked in around two hours later. Nurses had been coming to check up on the broken boy and run some tests every so often, but this was the first time since Zayn had first woken up that they've seen the doctor.

Liam immediately sat up, needing to know updates on his baby.

"Hi Zayn. And you must be Liam ?" Doctor Irwin smiles, shaking Liam's hand and throwing a small wave to Zayn. Zayn mumbled a small 'hi' while Liam questioned the doctor worriedly.

"Is he going to be okay Doctor Irwin ?" He asked, biting on his nails out of nervous habit.

"Working with the cops, we've discovered Zayn had been living in a very abusive home that wasn't a safe place for him nor his sisters." Doctor Irwin explained, looking at his clipboard. "Your sisters, Waliyha and Safaa Malik ?" He paused. Zayn nodded weakly. "Are being questioned further before they are put into foster care for good."

Zayn whimpered, understanding that this was all his fault. If he would've just stayed home instead of staying at Liam's, his mom wouldn't have gotten angry enough to knock him out.

"Anyways, moving on to the doctor stuff" The wavy haired doctor chuckled softly. "We've discovered an extreme amount of bruising up and down Zayn's thighs and arms. Zayn seemed to have had some internal bleeding, which is now under control, as well as a major head injury. Mr. Malik should be fine in around four or five days, but we will be keeping him here until then to make sure nothing happens for the worse." The doctor smiled, dimples arriving. Zayn nodded tiredly and Liam smiled, shaking the doctors hand once again.

"Thank you so much Doctor Irwin." The older of the two spoke up, grabbing Zayn's small hand in his big one and rubbing the top of Zayn's hand with his thumb.

"Of course. Any questions or anything you two need ?" The doctor asked.

"Water ?" Zayn piped up, smiling cutely. The doctor nodded, writing something down on his notepad.

"I'll send nurse Hadid right in. Let her know if you two need anything alright ? Visiting hours are over at eight, but you can come back bright and early at seven if you'd like Liam" He smiled one last time before walking out of the hospital room. Liam looked down at his wristwatch, frowning as he saw it was 7:47. Zayn noticed and began to pout too, crossing his arms as Liam said he had to go.