29 There is No Love (Child)

Lola

I may be crushing the bones in Bastian's hand, but I can't unfurl them. It's a lifeline, keeping me from bolting to the forest to hide from the hundreds of eyes staring at us. It takes everything in me to not tug uncomfortably at the shortie-shorts of my cheer uniform. I should be used to dressing like this, but was looking forward to wearing normal jeans and t-shirts again.

The wolves are staring because of the pack drama and the humans are staring because Bastian keeps hugging and kissing me in a show of affection that he hardly ever has demonstrated before.

"They're not that short, pussy," Bastian reassures me.

A ping on my phone shows the most recent in a slew of texts from my "friends." I managed to wrangle my phone back from Bastian yesterday. Something I am coming to regret.

Tianna: U pregnant? That why he Marked you?

"Such a bitch," I grumble under my breath. I hate the sinking feeling in my stomach. Pregnant with Bastian's love-child. Yeah. She's only the fifth person to ask me that.

"What, pussydoll?" he murmurs intimately into my ear.

"You're being nice to me," I grumble. "They'll be staring at my stomach for the rest of the year."

"Maybe you will be pregnant before the end of the year," he says in a teasing tone, kissing the side of my head. "When is your heat cycle due?" One large hand drops to caress my flat, not-at-all-pregnant stomach.

I glare at him. He knows I haven't had a heat cycle yet. Most females don't get them until closer to eighteen. Our wolves have to mature. If they happen at a younger age they are usually false and don't result in pups, anyway.

"Not anytime soon!" I huff at him.

He laughs, squeezing me tighter. I gaze up at him. He's bigger than he was just a few days ago. His own wolf was forced to mature early, will my omega she-wolf mature too soon, too?

I trip over my feet when something occurs to me. Omega wolves do mature early. Or, at least, they can get pregnant early. Because they are weaker wolves their, I mean our, fertility is more like humans. I don't even have to go through heat. Stricken, I open my mouth to say something to Bastian about it.

He kisses my mouth, swallowing my words. "Shh," he mumbles against my lips. "It's OK, pussy. I'll share you with a pup or two. Maybe two at once?" Drawing back he winks at me while I grimace at him.

His distraction works, because that's what his talk of pups is, just a distraction. We are at the doors to the school before I even realize it. 

Bastian whisks me to his locker. Seniors have lockers in a different hallway from the Juniors, but with the way he is acting I have a feeling that we will be sharing his locker soon.

I see Tianna glaring at us from her usual hang-out spot and start to pull away from Bastian. Omega or not, I want to set the story straight, at least with the wolves. I am not pregnant. Bastian is my truemate. Mine. My wolf agrees wholeheartedly. We are not mate-thieves.

He tugs me back, caging me between the bank of lockers and his body. He's not even glancing at me, still rummaging through his locker. It smells funky, by the way. He has extra gym clothes and shoes in there and while I've smelled worse, this is bad enough for me to want to escape.

"Yo, Bast," one of Bastian's human friends comes over and pounds his shoulder, ignoring me. Not unusual, a lot of Bastian's friends, especially the humans, don't pay any attention to the girl they only think of as a piece of ass. I'm undecided whether that makes them good guys or jerks.