Mugging

Honei's POV

"Damn Honei slow down you always the first one outside," KeKe says walking up on the side of me. We're cool but I don't consider her a friend. "You know how it is when the 3 o'clock rush comes," I say playing with my necklace.

At 3 everyone from the high school and the middle school made their way down the hill to the apartments I live in causing all types of commotion. Not that it didn't happen on its own.

As we make our way down the hill and pass all of the tree's we come up on the first parking lot which is full of drug dealers. Some of them either go to high school too, were 18, or in their early 20's. 

I'm 17 and in the 11th grade. What could a drug dealer do for me? KeKe looked at them smirking. KeKe knew exactly what one could do for her, buy her all types of expensive shit. But she was greedy she wanted to go for the HNIC.

Glock. Keara had on some skin-tight khakis from American eagle, a grey polo shirt, and a pair of grey foamposites. The way her ass filled out her pants you could tell she wasn't a virgin. Sometimes I would over hear her talking about the latest dude she had smashed at p.e. to her group of so-called friends.

As we cut through the parking lot I hold a mean mug on my face, it felt as if the sun was following me. "Aye Woo why the fuck this girl always walking thru here mugging. You ain't gotta be mugging us we ain't do nun to you." A voice says making me snap my head in the direction it was coming from.

It came from a guy that stood at about 6 feet, brown-skinned with tattoos covering his neck and arms, and chains around his neck. He sports a temp fade with waves and a watch on his left wrist that looks very expensive. Not to get started on his outfit.

"I wasn't mugging y'all," I say caught off guard. KeKe felt jealousy rush over her. She couldn't believe that she caught his attention. She was definitely plotting now. "You always walking past here with that mean ass mug." He says mugging me hitting a backwood. He'd been watching me?

I never even looked that way when I walked past. "This just the way I look." I say with a sly smirk "I'm just waiting on you to walk past here with your phone in your hand." He says. When he spoke the diamonds in his mouth shined giving me a light show.

"It's broke," I reply simply. I was half lying and half telling the truth. My phone was cracked in various places but still worked, on the other hand, I didn't want him to see the Lil ass seven I had.

"You need to get on something so you can text me." He says while walking down the sidewalk to get closer to the pair who were nearing the street. "You heard me ?" He yells to me. "Yea I heard you," I say looking back one last time before getting to my parking lot.

"Ight Ke," I say making my up the stairs to my apartment. When I got in I walk down the hall to the living room then across it to my room sitting my bookbag on the bed. "Maaaa," I yell walking towards her room.

"What lil girl ?" She replies as I walk in. "You cooked ?" I ask sitting on the bed. "No, you better get them keys and go get you something to eat." She replies sitting up grabbing her Newport's and lighter. "Go look on that shelf in my closet and get that phone." She says lighting a cigarette.

I get up and walk to the closet standing on my tiptoes feeling around before I feel a box.
I grab it pulling it down revealing a brand new iPhone 14. "I know you been wanting a new phone you deserve it." my mom says blowing the smoke out. "Thank you ma, "I say hugging her.

I walk out of my mom's room and across the living room into mine. Since we live in a two-bedroom apartment everything is basically the same as far as the setup but our rooms are totally different.