Enders (26)

The fights we had with these DAU children were starting to grow boring. As much as I wanted to crush them all, especially Dex, they were almost too boring of prey to hunt. It almost seemed like a waste of time.

That was why I just stood there, a flat look on my face as the five teenagers stared back at me. Tom was at my side, Carmine and Striker standing behind us. This was becoming all too familiar.

We were in some kind of abandoned warehouse this time, the same type of boring setting like always. A place where no humans would see us; a place where we could do as much damage as we wanted to because no one was coming anywhere near anytime soon. This routine was growing boring. I was itching to destroy them just so we could move on to something else.

"This is getting repetitive," I drawled, my arms crossed lazily over my chest. "This needs to be our last meeting or I'm going to go mad."

"Too late," Auden muttered to no one in particular, and Lena hit him so I didn't have to.

"This can be the last time we meet if you just come back with us, Violet," Dex pleaded, but this meant nothing to me. "They're lying and manipulating you!"

"Are you still trying to convince Violet of your lies?" Tom grinned, his hand patting down on top of my head as if I was a child. I almost hit him, but decided against it. "When are you losers going to get it? It's not going to work."

"You're the one that's lying!" Kristie shouted, though she was still too scared to take a step forward.

"And who calls people losers anymore?" Aiden commented, but he was easily ignorable. He seemed like the kind of guy that'd do just that anyway, but no one commented on that.

"But I'm not going to let you take Violet anywhere, because we've been having a lot of fun back at our headquarters," Tom teased, and I could feel him delicately playing with my ear with his fingers. I swatted at him, but of course this didn't make him stop. "But you know, it's too bad Violet heals so quickly..."

Our opponents looked confused, and even I had no idea why he'd said this. Dex seemed more bothered by the fact that Tom was touching me, but I decided to ignore that and focus on whatever Tom was getting at. I didn't know what he was getting at, but I knew that with Tom, he had some conniving plan up his sleeve.

"Because you can't see them anymore, but yesterday..." Tom smirked, his arm snaking around my shoulders and tracing patterns against the skin on my neck, his lips suddenly in my hair. "I had her marked all over."

And there it was.

He drew out the last words as he continued to trace against my neck, kissing the side of my head as if he had any right to. But as angry as I felt by him touching me, that was nothing in comparison to the look on Dex's face and the way his body went completely rigid.

"Did you hurt her?" Kristie demanded before anyone else could say anything, as dumb as she always was. But the rest of them knew exactly what Tom meant. Even I did. And if I could feel anything else other than anger, I probably would have felt embarrassed that he was announcing this in front of everyone.

Dex took a threatening step forward, Lena grabbing onto his arm to stop him from moving any farther. We all knew that he was strong enough to keep going if he really wanted to, but Lena's presence beside him seemed to calm him ever so slightly. And for some reason that only pissed me off even more.

"Now, we should get started, yes?" Tom grinned, clapping his hands together as if this was some kind of well-planned get together. He turned toward Dex, cocking his head in my direction. "I think I'll leave my girlfriend to you. Give you some time to talk."