1

ONE

IT WAS A CLOUDY MORNING AND I WAS NOT HAVING IT

As always I didn't want to wake up. Staying in bed all day sounded like a good idea that is until Thea barged through the door demanding I wake up before I miss our first day. Turns out we were majoring in the same thing and ended up having a few classes together.

She was a feisty ginger let me tell you.

Walking down the street to the small cafe I found last night wasn't as exciting as I presumed it would be. I imagined I would almost skip down the street thrilled for my first day of college but it turned out to be the complete opposite.

My mom called after Thea walked out of my room,

"Hi sweetie how are you?"

"I'm great mom," I say grabbing my plain white comforter and pulling it back, I didn't need Thea coming in again.

"That's nice, how is your roommate treating you?"

"She's really nice, her name is Thea." Grabbing my purple brush I comb my knotty hair it was true what they said, morning hair was a real pain, especially with wavy borderline curly hair.

"Oh honey that's so good to hear, Mrs.Gennings always tells me her experience in college it sounded just dreadful." I can almost see her putting a hand on her chest with a forced painful look on her features.

Rolling my eyes I continue brushing my hair, my mother is always the overdramatic type. A scrape on the arm was a broken arm according to her, leaving for college was like I was leaving the country.

"Yeah mom, it's—great." She didn't need to know how I already wanted to go back home because I missed everyone without hesitation she would pull me out and put me into another school I was accepted to closer to home and I had no intentions of doing that.

"Alright honey if you say so, I have to go your father is nagging me but I'll call you tomorrow okay?"

Putting down the brush onto my white bathroom counter I say "Okay, bye mom."

"Bye I love you."

"I love you too."

After I ended the call I got dressed into some faded blue jeans, with a white long sleeve, and vans. It was cold but not too cold to wear fifty layers.

Opening the glass doors I was immediately hit with the smell of coffee. It smelt like home. The line surprisingly wasn't long taking this was the closest cafe to our college and what student wouldn't need some caffeine?

Getting in line behind two girls I looked around. It was your regular cafe with cream walls and dark brown counters, for the most part, it looked nice besides the nasty looks the workers gave. Not my fault you have to wake up early and go to work.

The painting just above the cashier was amazingly done, it had an abstract body surrounded by splatters of colors and-

"Hello? Miss?" Looking at the guy behind the cashier I move forward noticing the two girls were now gone.

"Sorry about that a coffee with 6 cream and 6 sugars please." I pull my wallet out.

He nods pushing on the screen and looks up "Anything else?"

With a shake of my head, I say "No that's all."

"Okay that will be" he pauses "$2.50"

I hand him my card and step to the side to let my fellow classmates order after my payment is done.

I better not be late on my first day because of a coffee I will actually die.

With a sigh, I look around again since I don't want my phone to die quickly, there were a lot of paintings on the wall along with wooden letters spelling out the cafe's name, it was cute for the most part.

The bell rang signaling another person has come into the small cafe, looking away from the paintings I see a guy—no scratch that, a man.

He has dark raven hair resembling my own, a stubble growing and oh my, his body. He's buff definitely an athletic build with big arms and his chest ready to rip his white shirt. He was absolutely handsome.

"Excuse me?"

Looking away from him I see another worker snapping their fingers with my coffee in their hand "Oh I'm sorry," grabbing the coffee I avoid all eye contact "Thank you."

She nods going back to making the drinks.

I take a sip ready to walk out but before I can I run into a hard chest, well isn't this familiar.

[E D I T E D]

[E D I T E D]

A/N