Friends

The next morning was no different from the others. The only thing that was different was that just as Jack was about to knock on Feister's door she ran out and bolted down the stairs before he could yell for her to get up. The boys found this very weird since that never happened. Usually they'd hear grumbles, then a small thud come from behind the door in the morning. But now? Now Feister ran down the stairs and most likely out the door.

Mush (just like the others) had seen this go down, but he knew why that happened. Feister did it so she wouldn't have to see him that morning. Which made him think that he might never see her face to face again.

The rest of the morning wasn't any better. Feister had gotten to the gate before any of them, and spent most of the time talking with Kid Blink, who kept shaking his head slightly to Mush. When the gate was opened Feister stood in line behind Race, and Albert was right behind her. When she got her papers she bolted right out to who knows where.

Though Mush would've gone after her he needed to get his papers first. After he did get his papers he bolted out and tried looking for her at the park under their tree. But she wasn't there. He then tried Bottle Alley and then the Harbor since he knew that was an easy place to hide.

But then Mush realized that Feister hated going to Bottle Alley and the Harbor for two reasons. 1, she could literally get trampled, and 2, she could get soaked. Mush then looked around Medda's and the park near Jacobi's. But sadly there was no sign of the small girl.

After that he checked with a few of the boys, but they said they hadn't seen her since they got to the gate. He then decided to go to their selling spot to sell the rest of his papers. Though chances were slim he hoped that Feister was there selling, or sitting on the curb with that look that said, "took you long enough to get here."

When Mush got to their selling spot there was no sign of her anywhere. Knowing he couldn't be running around the city he stayed there for the rest of the day to sell the last of his papers. By the time Mush finished it was lunch time.

He hoped that Feister would be at Jacobi's. But, just like under their tree, Bottle Alley, the Harbor, Medda's, the park near Jacobi's, and their selling spot she wasn't anywhere to be seen. He walked up to one of the tables and plopped into a chair next to Kid Blink, who said, "She'll come round, just let 'er cool off."

Mush looked sadly at Blink, who had tried (key word tried) to make him feel better. But the only thing that could make Mush feel better was Feister. He knew he messed things up, and big time, but he wanted to make it right, he just needed to find her. But it was kinda hard to find a small girl in a big city. By the time afternoon came it turned out Feister had gotten her papers early and was long gone by then.

For the rest of the day Mush tried looking for Feister pretty much everywhere. Heck, he even tried going to Sheepshead which is all the way in Brooklyn to see if she was with Race, but just like everywhere else she wasn't there. He knew he messed things up, and big time, but he wanted to make things right, all he had to do was find a small girl in a big city.

───── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────

While Feister was selling her papers she knew very well that Mush was looking for her. Heck, she tried going to their tree, but that was the first place he looked for her. luckily she spotted him before he did her and she made a run for it.

She then tried Bottle Alley, but Mush had found her. She then tried the Harbor, again, he somehow found her. Feister was counting on the fact that Mush wouldn't even have tried looking for her there since he knew she hates it there. But no, it was the second and third place he went.