▪ Chapter 7 ▪

First bite?

Today, everything started like the usual. The Sakamaki brothers and the Komori sisters were at school, minding their own business after school was over.

So as usual, Rui was wandering around the school and occasionally few older kids would come and stop her then ask about herself. She would mostly get asked if she was lost or how old she was and which class she was in.
You could say Rui was pretty popular as the adorable junior but in truth she was actually senior to most of them.

'Even if there aren't much people in the sight in this school, it does have many students. Many of the my junior class and parallels, also few senior class student seem to recognize me.' Rui frowned at the thought of being recognized. She wasn't really person fond of limelights.

Rui turned around a random corner, still in thoughts. 'It didn't show in the anime much but the Sakamaki brothers are quiet popular, as well as Yui. They have fans and fan clubs but they weren't crazy and possessive as I imagined. They are friendly and gave them space, you could say that they're more of an admirers than a fans.'

Just when Rui turned, she saw the Teddy hugging purplette on the floor, leaning against the staircase.
"Ah- Speak of the devil..." Rui said under her breath. After a one step further she stepped on something wet and splashy.

The little girl looked down and saw something liquid, brown and dark, the smell gave away what it was. "Coffee.."
'Such a waste of coffee...' Rui thought.

Kanato has been staring at the little girl for a while now.
"Ne~Teddy.. it's the other human... I wonder how I should punish this one..?"

Rui stopped and turned to Kanato.
'I didn't do anything but he wants to punish me..?'
"Punishment? Why?" Rui asked.

"Why..? Ne~ Teddy, She asked why?"
Kanato pulled his teddy close to his face. "Yes... She should be punished because of her foolish sister." He smiled and stood up lightly like a feather.

'What a reasonable response... Didn't he already...' Rui thought. "Didn't you already punish her?"
Kanato:"hm? Teddy, I wonder how did she know that?" His eyes held a quiet amount of curiosity and confusion as he walked towards the girl, quickly.

Rui took a one step back, two step back, tree step back and before she could take any further step back, Kanato got a hold of her arm and pulled her to him.
Kanato:"Tell me... how did you know?" His smile wasn't there and just a blank, pale face on display.

Rui was anxious but still kept her calm and smooth face. "Judging from you... I guess." She just said it out of nowhere. In her situation, a bad tempered person like Kanato was the least she wanted to deal with.

"Judging from.. me?" Kanato was a little confused at her response.
Rui was hesitant in her mind, covering up for her words where easy but not that believable, if you think about it. "Yes, judging from you. You'd probably punish someone who did wrong immediately after..(?)"

Kanato's expression softened a little but not in a warm way. His smile creeped back to his face. "Oh? Is that all?" His mood improved drastically but his grip on her arm was still strong.

"Kanato-san, your grip..." Rui said.
"Huh?" The males purple orbs shifted his hand. "What about it?" He said bluntly.
"Your grip, it hurts. Please, let go." Rui tried to conceal the pain but a small whimper was still heard faintly.

Kanato's grip lightened and his hand shifted to her arm to her hand. The male took the girl's hand and his fingers and her fingers where tangled.
The boy dropped his teddy on the ground and snaked the free arm around the girl and pulled her to himself closer.