Laughter

The events following Skylar's wake up were, for the teen herself; startling, confusing and brought a warm fuzzy feeling to her chest that scared her.

It was the nice warm fuzzy feeling though, the kind you get when you feel loved and wanted. That's pretty much why she was scared.

Well... That's not entirely true.

"""SKYLAR!!!!!""" The teen winced at the scream/shouts, cowering slightly in the med berth when the three other teens scrambled from their respected guardians and ran over.

"Miko, Miko no don't!" Skylar rasped, cringing in pain when the black and pink haired teen threw her arms around the 'dead' girl. Shaking slightly and breathing shallowly Skylar hugged back, feeling the wet tears on her shoulder and struggling to not cry as well. The berth leaned to one side gently, and Skylar looked over as Raf threw himself at her as well. Jack quietly waiting his turn while Skylar struggled to embrace both.

"Everyone thinks you're dead! Your parents are having a funeral at the end of the week, the schools pushing kids to go to classes and take anti bullying, EVERYONE fessed up to bullying you, and the school is putting together a memorial!" Skylar stared at miko blankly as she babbled on about what was happening, the latter trying hard not to shed more tears while she talked. Raf was more or less sobbing softly into Skylar's t-shirt while she was quiet.

"Miko. I'm not going back." The girl froze and teared up more at the blank teens words.

"W-what? Why not?!" She demanded, gripping at the collar of the green shirt.

"Because I'd rather be dead and happy then alive and suicidal." Miko flinched hard and let go of the t-shirt. Staring at the blank teen in startled relief.

"Miko, go take a breather with Bulkhead." Skylar looked to jack, who jerked his head to the green guardian. Looking Skylar noticed his worried look and nudged the younger girl towards him.

"Go on miko. Come back when you're calmer and we'll talk then okay?" Skylar offered, lifting a hand to gently banish the tears on the other. Sighing shakily miko nodded, sliding off the bed and heading towards her guardian.

"I-I'm gunna follow her. We'll back be soon." Raf offered, hugging Skylar tightly before heading after Miko. Skylar managed a smile after Raf and sighed heavily. Leaning back against the pillows as Jack sat beside her.

"So... How'd you meet the Autobots." He asked, watching her flinch and shut her eyes.

"... I was at the top of suicide peak. I had just thrown my phone and let my balance teeter backwards when he came up and grabbed me. I was a good ten feet down before he caught me and grabbed the ledge." She explained softly. Clenching her hands into the blanket.

"... So uh..." She looked at him and shifted over, patting the bed beside her gently. Getting the hint he climbed up and settled beside her, wrapping an arm around the teen when she hugged him.

"Which bot was it?" He asked, while she nuzzled into his side.

"... WheelJack... He never put me down until I had to get clean." She murmured looking up at him when Jack tensed.

"WheelJack? He caught you?" Skylar gave a confirming nod and tilted her head when Jack got an odd look.

"What?" She asked softly while he vented.

"Nothing just... WheelJack doesn't seem like the kind of bot to be protective like that." He explained while she snorted softly.

"Guess you don't know him as well as you thought." She hummed weakly looking to her stomach when it growled loudly.

"Everything okay kid?" Both teens looked up at WheelJack, Skylar giving him a weak smile in return to his question.

"Just hungry, think Ratchet might let me go long enough to get some food?" She asked hopefully, gunmetal blue eyes glimmering at her guardian while he grunted softly.

"Let me see if I can't soften him up to let you out kid." She smiled thankfully while WheelJack nodded back and headed over to talk to said ambulance. She looked back to jack and blinked when he stared at her startled.

"... You actually have him wrapped around your finger." She stuck her tongue out at him and pushed him softly. It felt good being friendly with someone again. She wasn't sure if her times with the bots was healing her, or if she was just desperate for the friendly banter.

"So, how long have you been in this si-fi club?" Skylar rasped looking up at Jack curious. He shifted and rubbed his neck lightly.

"Uh... Few months now I think? No wait.... Coming up on a year." He corrected, rubbing Skylar's head when she made a low noise of protest.

"How the hell did you manage to keep them a secret for almost a full year?" She asked curious while he grinned sheepishly.

"Getting followed around by robots for guardians is a good reminder." With that, both fell into a content laughter. A laughter that echoed through the room and brought Raf and Miko back for the four to chat.

She was healing far faster then she ever thought, and the only difference was laughter.

After all, Laughter is the greatest medicine ever.