78.3

The sun set at the western horizon and it was soon nightfall.

Zhao Liuli and Wei Luo had dinner together. The two of them were sitting at a round ironwood table with a marble center. There was a palace meal in front of them. Wei Luo finished drinking a bowl of slowly stewed red dates, coconut milk, and snow clam congee. Seeing that the bowl of soup in front Zhao Liuli wasn't even touched, she reached her hand out and waved it in front of her. "Liuli, what are you thinking about? If you don't start eating, the dishes will become cold by the time you start."

Zhao Liuli suddenly returned to her senses. She looked preoccupied with her thoughts as she picked up a white jade spoon, scooped up a spoonful of snow clam congee, and slowly put it into her mouth.

Wei Luo silently sighed in her heart. This wasn't the type of thing that she should interfere with. She could only pretend that she didn't know anything.

But, this palace food was pretty good... She picked up a piece of osmanthus and lotus root cake and ate a bite. It was sweet and sticky. She had already eaten three of these. Just as she was about to eat a fourth piece, a shadow was cast on the round table. When she looked up, she saw Yang Zhen standing outside the door wearing black robes. His dark eyes were staring at Zhao Liuli.

(T/N: Below is a picture of osmanthus and lotus root cake.)

Zhao Liuli probably also saw his shadow

Zhao Liuli probably also saw his shadow. But, her heart was mad at him. She engrossed herself in picking up a piece of three-ingredients emerald roll and stuffing the entire piece in her mouth until her cheeks were bulging. She single-heartedly devoted herself to eating and refused to look at him.

(T/N: Below is a picture of three-ingredients emerald rolls.)

Yang Zhen was a bodyguard

Yang Zhen was a bodyguard. He couldn't enter the room without her permission. He could only stand outside the door. He looked at Zhao Liuli and hoarsely called out, "Your Highness..."

A long time later, Zhao Liuli finally lifted her head and looked at him. Her small face was stretched taut as she stiffly asked, "... Where did you go?"

Yang Zhen was usually reticent and wasn't good at explaining himself. Facing Zhao Liuli's question, he only replied, "Come out and take a walk with me."