Chapter Six: Nowhere

Aiden's POV

Hayden wiped his forehead full of sweat, baseball cap in hand.

"Well shit. The pipe's busted and we are literally in the middle of nowhere. How lucky." Blake growled annoyed. Monica rubbed his back, trying to calm him down.

"Hey don't worry. We will figure this out together." I nodded in agreement and added to her statement.

"She's right. There's nothing we can't do. This is the Woods pack after all." James howled from inside of the R.V. causing some laughter around the group.

The heat was getting insane as we were stuck in the middle of the desert.

"Alright here's the plan."

Blake whistled everyone to huddle in a circle before speaking. He split us up into partners and we all had a job.

"James, Aiden, and Jade will stay with you. You can figure out a way to try to keep the R.V. running. Hayden, you and I will go out and hunt for food, find a lizard or something. Daniel and Alex, stay here and be babysitters for little Mia. Take turns. Any questions?"

Daniel raised his hand as Mia rested on his other arm.

"Why can't I do something manly? Babysitting isn't something I'd prefer..."

James was about to speak but Blake raised his hand and answered.

"Trust me. Babysitting is the manliest job there is. Plus it'll help you in the future."

Monica hissed in pain and held her stomach, rubbing it a little.

"Break!"

We all went our own directions and began working on getting out of here.

I overheard Blake talking to Monica, I felt like it was something I shouldn't have done.

"Honey, the pup is doing fine. Just a bit hungry." Monica muttered. Blake pecked her lips and went down on one knee.

"Don't bother your mommy too much. I'll be back with food soon. How's squirrel sound?" She ruffled his hair and giggled a little bit.

"Sounds yummy." They said their 'I love you's' and Blake walked past me. He pats my shoulder before meeting up with Hayden to get lunch for the crew. I glanced at Monica making eye contact with her. She was pregnant?

She smiled at me and waved.

"Aiden! We need a hand over here!" James yelled. I jogged toward him, standing tall next to him.

"Can you hold the pipe up while I see what's going on in the bottom?" He asked nicely. I nodded my head quickly and grasped the pipe in my hands, pushing it up with all my strength.

"Perfect! Okay, it seems like we just lost a screw for one of the panels. It's hitting the pipe which explains the weird noise. Jade! Can you bring a metal clothing hanger?"

I made a weird face and shrugged my shoulders at Jade, who was completely confused.

"Uh, yeah of course. I'll be back in a sec."

After a few moments, she came back with the hanger handing it to James as he sat on the floor. He started to undo the hanger making it into a long wire. James made hooks on the ends and wrapped it around the pipe to keep it from hitting the bottom.

Smart.

"There that should hold it until we make into at least a small city." He wiped his face, getting some oil and grease on it. Lena walked out of the R.V. making her way to us. She laughed a tiny bit sitting next to him.