Chapter 6 {bestfriend}

********

"This is way too short on me Liv. I thought I remembered it longer."

Olivia had shoved me in a silk fabric. My boobs fully displaying all their bouncy large glory. The dress was so tight that my curves so easily hid in my school clothes were on full display now.

"I grabbed a size down, the other one was too loose."

I looked like all those beautiful models I was so scared that Zander would be taken with. How ironic is that Zander was taken by my closet friend?

The full length mirror was showing me a lot of leg. We had decided to go out and buy outfits for tonight and had brought them back. I bought the most expensive red bottom black heels I could find with my credit card.

We would be doing healthy breakup makeovers according to Liv. I had explained and spilled everything to her, being sad and so vulnerable. She hugged me as I cried and then forced me to my feet to go shopping.

Now here we are. My first girl bestfriend. She even knew, about the little secret about who I am and my impending doom.I couldn't hold it in anymore. What good would it do anyway? I don't have to protect them anymore.

"It's not even that short your only being dramatic before we even started the make over. I even brought teeth whitening strips not mention my curling iron and best red lipstick. If your going out tonight after what just happened, and when your going to be outed as the Rose Chase. You'll be going out with a bang. We may not have seen each other for a while but I've got a thing against cheaters."

"Well let our matching red bottomed shoes be a sign to all men that we do not let cheaters ruin our lives. Now Liv hand me one of those white strips. We got a breakup makeover to start."

******

After two hours of teeth whitening, eyebrow plucking, and shaving of legs and parts I never even knew should be shaved. I was ready. Liv was a bit of a makeup addict and offered to do mine. She kept the foundation light and added falsies, and not to forget the dark red lip. I felt dangerous, and powerful. My hair was curled perfectly arranged in a way to make my over grown lob look stylish. She had down it, she had tamed my beast, MY HAIR.

I turn from the bathroom mirror and give my new found friend the biggest hug I could muster.

"Thank you Liv. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't been reunited with you today."

She patted my back and pulled back holding my shoulder.

"Your going to be okay, I know it Rose. No need to thank me. You would have done the same if I needed it. You were their when I needed help in math."

I crack a dry smile.

"Well let's just pray your future boyfriend doesn't turn out to be fucking your gay bestfriend."

She laughed softly as I joined hiccuping slightly eyes watering.

"Oh honey, It's going to be ok."

She pulled me into arms again as I swallowed back tears.

"You can stay with me as long as you need."

I nodded my head in thanks and pulled away from her comforting embrace. A second later Aya one of Liv's roommate bursts through the door. She was wearing a soft pink dress which complimented her dark complexion beautifully.

"I thought y'all said we were heading to the club. Lets get going before we miss all the fun. It's almost 9:30,"

Her southern twang brought a smile to my lips as Liv and her pulled me from the bathroom.

Soon we would be at the club and I hoped I wouldn't remember a thing.

Or so I hoped.