Love is in the air

Song: Feel about you by Aislin Evans

Later that day we are playing cards at the end of the bed. Weston has won three times already and just laughs about it. "You really think you can beat me."

I shake my head and laugh.

The door opens and a nurse comes in behind her walks in an older couple holding hands. The woman instantly lets go of his hand and comes rushing over to the bed towards me.

"My little Cecilia, my how you have grown up so fast."She hugs me. There is something about the way she smells, it's familiar. She pulls away from me and looks me over. "Poor thing he really did it this time didn't he?"

The older man comes closer but doesn't touch me. "It's good to see you kido it's been forever."

"I thought you guys were dead; she said you were..."

"Oh, honey we are right here. You're moma tells lots of lies don't believe anything that woman says. The police made her call us. Looks like she is going to be spending some time in jail this time."

I look confused ...I am confused. "What...so why are you guys here?"

"Oh... We want you to come live with us."

Now I'm really confused. "Why? You never cared before; you never liked me I was a little brat, a pest."

"Oh goodness no...what have they told you? We have always loved you. I begged your mom to leave you with us and we got into a huge argument. She cut us out of her life. Out of your life. They took off and we couldn't find you.

"Figures."

"Well...we talked to the doctor already. He says you will probably be able to go home tomorrow. We can pick you up and go by your house to get your belongings."

"No need to...I don't have anything." I look at Mrs. Banks. "Oh how rude of me...Mrs. Banks this is Grammy and Pops my moma's parents." They shake hands. "And that's Emily her daughter and this is Weston." They all say hi.

They stay a little longer but it's kind of awkward since I haven't been around them in so long. "I guess we better be going. We will see you tomorrow ok dear." She reaches over and kisses my left cheek. My Pops also comes over and hugs me gently goodbye.

When they leave Mrs. Banks gets up. "Well it is getting late. Emily and I better get going. I will see you tomorrow as well alright."

"Okay...thanks for hanging out with me today."

They leave and now it's just the two of us. He looks a little upset about something.

"Hey what's wrong?"

"It's just... I don't know...you gonna live with them now. Do you even know where they live? I mean it could be far away like another state or something you know."

"I didn't even think about it. I have to live somewhere you know the state is not going to let me live on my own."

"Why not you're seventeen, hell almost eighteen. Teens do it all the time."

"Weston, I can't live on my own. I don't have any money or a job. Besides I don't want to live alone in an empty house. I'm afraid of the darkness."

"I can talk to my grandparents...you can live with me then you won't have to be afraid anymore."

"Weston!"

"What I am being serious. I can't live knowing that you are not near me."

"What about Miranda...she's your girlfriend and you know she loves you?"

"What about her; we are not together."

I close my eyes in disbelief, "you broke up with her because of me. I broke you guys up."

"No we were just not meant to be together. I...I...I want to be with you."

"But why me, Weston you deserve so much more. I'm nothing you know that."

"Don't ever say that again; you are somebody. You're my somebody. I want to be with you."

"You don't even know me."

"They hell I don't. I know more than you think I do; want me to prove it."

I laugh. "Oh I got to hear this."

He sits on the edge of my bed and looks at me with a smile. "First of all your favorite color is a mint green. Why because it's a shade your skin has never been. You like pizza with pepperoni and don't mind eating it cold. You like key-lime pie ice cream which is also my favorite. You are not afraid of heights, matter of fact you love my spot on the water tower."

It dawns on me that he is naming off everything that happened when we were together. Things that happened when he was in a coma, when his spirit was between worlds.

"How could I forget...you helped me find my way back. I can't explain it but I know it happened, didn't it."

I shake my head yes. "It happened...you tried saving me once."

"I tried several times if I recall...I should have saved you this time. I should have come sooner. I should have never let him hurt you like this."

"Weston there's nothing that would have stopped him."

He looks upset. And I know what he is thinking. It's not just about my father it's about me fighting my inner demons. The demons that take over my mind.

"Hey look at me. You are here now and that is all that matters."

He smiles. "Do you remember that time you kissed me?"

"I didn't kiss you." I lie.

"Yes you did. Remember I was trying to get back and you said maybe I needed a true loves kiss."

I laugh, "It was silly."

"No it wasn't...it worked...I'm here."

We look at each other and smile. I feel something happening between us. It's a weird feeling but a good weird. He leans into me. "Can I kiss you?"

I blush. I nod yes.

His lips are so smooth and warm against mine. He pulls back to look at me, searching into my eyes as if looking for my inner soul. Then he leans in and kisses me again, this time even longer.