Chapter 27: Don't Play with the Wolf

Recap:

Pulling me into a hug, his lips gently press against my neck. Looking into my eyes, my heart completely melts. "Whatever you want to do, I will support you. That's what I want to do for you. You are undeniably strong already, but if you want to train, I will train you myself. I want to help you. You can do anything you put your mind to. I believe in you."

I can't help the tears that fall from my eyes, no one has ever believed in me and no one has ever supported me as much as Cole has. I am so lucky to have met him, to have him as my mate. This is the guy who I was made for, who was made for me. I couldn't be happier in this moment. As he wipes my tears away, and gives my cheek a quick peck, I tilt my head, looking at him.

After so many months, I finally decided to trust someone.

"Cole."

Cole's POV

Cole's POV

Jumping up, I scan the room, unsure of who called me. Pushing Rose behind me, I growl. 

"Show yourself, intruder, how dare you interrupt my time with my mate!" A melodious laugh sounds out through the room as I feel Rose's palm against my shoulder. Motioning for her to move back, I take off my shirt, ready to shift. 

In a blink of an eye, I find myself being pushed up against the wall, and feel lips against mine. I can't help getting lost in the kiss for a second, before I remember the impending danger. Pushing away, I try to protest. 

"Rose, someone's in the room!" I exclaim. Before I can even finish my sentence, she bursts out laughing and the beauty of it shocks me. I've never heard her laugh, and all I want from this moment on is to hear that laugh always. I want to make her laugh, forever. 

"Wait! You can speak!" I gape at her, and kiss her all over her face. "Say something, anything!" 

She scans my face before wrapping her arms around my neck, and smiling at me gently. "I'm glad you're my mate. I can't wait for forever with you. Cole." 

"You are my forever, Rose! You're my everything!" I try to convey everything I'm feeling in that moment. This girl, she's it. She's the one for me. 

Tears seem to well up in her eyes, as she hugs me. "Cole, I have to tell you something. I might be an Omega right now, but I need to train. It's extremely important that I start training, and get stronger from tomorrow on. I'm a Night Wolf. Within six months, when I choose my mate, which is you forever, I'll get my wolf, and I need to be prepared to be enough for her, so I need to train. When I choose my mate, I'll have to talk to you and the scumbag at the same time... and I'm not emotionally ready for that. I have to get stronger in both ways!" 

Scanning my eyes, she tries to see if I'm understanding, and I do. She has so much pressure on her. I wish she didn't have to go through this, but I'm here to support her. "I'm here. I'm here to help and support you. I know exactly what you mean, I had to go through a vigorous training when I became one of the youngest alphas, and if you go through that training, you'll be extremely powerful and strong. Just trust in me, alright?" She gives me a small nod, smiling. 

Pulling her into a hug, I pull her into a deep kiss. Finally, breaking away, I grin at her. "So, you can speak?" 

"Yes, you idiot, I can speak. Did you lose a few brain cells?" She shakes her head at me, her eyes lighting up with laughter. 

"It's quite alright, I'll just be your idiot caveman. Hmm, what did cavemen do back in the day? Right! They went after things that were theirs. And you're mine, so get over here!" Growling, I playfully chase after her. "If I catch you, I get a prize, so run fast, beautiful!" 

Running out into the corridor, I look both ways, confused. She suddenly disappeared? How the fuck is she that fast? That's not right, it can't be possible. Hearing a light giggle, I follow the sound, peeking in all of the rooms. 

Peeking into another room, I look in. 

Rose's POV

Giggling as Cole turns his back to me, I jump on his back. "Caught you! What's my prize?" I can't believe he didn't notice me following him around. He must have been really out of it, I'm surprised his wolf senses didn't kick in. 

Laughing, he wraps his hands around my thighs to keep me steady on his back. "Guess I owe you a prize, sweetheart. Hm, I'll get naked for you, how about that?" 

Growling at him, I slap the back of his neck. "Don't tease me like that! Otherwise, you'll just have a tomato mate, you idiot!" I refuse to look at him as my cheeks turn red. He's turning me into a blushing little girl! I can't be like that, I refuse to be seduced by his attractive wiles and handsome...hot...face! I definitely meant face! Nope, no impure thoughts here. Shaking my head hard, I bury my face into his shoulder as he walks back to his office with me on his back. 

"Sweetie, could you possibly move your mouth away from my neck, my wolf? Things might start happening if you don't!" Cole chuckles at me, expecting this to throw me off, but there's no way. It's revenge time. As we enter his office, I gently nip at his neck, kissing it. 

Breathing gently, I tug at his earlobe softly, before whispering, "You mean don't do this?" 

In a split second, I find myself on his couch, him panting above me, his eyes pure black and his voice much deeper. It's kind of sexy, but there's no way in hell I'll ever tell him that. "Don't play with the wolf, if you're not ready to face the consequences, mate." 

"Oh, you're mine, and I like when the wolf's out to play. I'm ready to play, Brayden, question is, are you?" I grin at him, teasingly, before pulling him closer to me. 

Kissing me, his hands slip underneath my dress, his fingers slowly move upwards before an incessant knocking starts on the door. "Whatever you guys are doing in there, now is not the time! Some Alpha is here for Rose!" 

Growling, Brayden seems to give back control to Cole. There's a heavy atmosphere surrounding him suddenly, makes me realise why he's a feared Alpha. "You're mine. No bastard is taking you away!" He gives me a small kiss on the forehead, before yanking the door open and heading out with Drew. 

Why do I have a very, very bad feeling about this? He's out for blood. 

A/N: Brayden is Cole's wolf, who was officially named in Chapter 23! Thanks for continuing to read guys, I appreciate it a lot!