Chapter 39

'Would you calm down?' Are the first few words I get in between my mate just rambling while pacing while giving me the evil eye every once in a while. As if this is my fault.

'Have you seen me?!' he screeches, his hands wildly gesturing to his stomach. I can't help but laugh. I tried not to. Promise.

'Don't laugh! This is serious!' Of course I don't listen to him at all and pay for it a second later with a fist to my nose.

'Ow, what was that for?' My fingers are holding onto my nose gently, as if that would help. And this time, only an exhausted sigh follows.

'I'm sorry, I'm just ... confused.' He kneels down in front of me and removes my hands from my face to gently dab at my slightly bleeding nose. Is it weird that I get excited by the fact that my mate is strong enough to give a man a bloody nose? Although I could have probably done without being on the receiving end of that.

I reach up and hug him to me with a sigh of my own. 'I know love. I laughed because you are most definitely not showing. Apart from some very delicious abs.' And just to make my point, I playfully bite his ear. To my delight, he actually chuckles at that and proceeds to properly straddle me.

'Why is this so aggravating for you?' I ask quietly. His head is still lost somewhere in my neck, but he does slightly shift when he hears me.

'Why isn't it for you?'

I stay silent for a minute, humming in thought and I can't actually come up with a satisfying answer, I just know I'm not.

'Because I'm happy about it?' I try.

'Hmm, me too.' he then quietly admits.

'So where's the problem?'

'Have you seen me? I'm not exactly careful when it comes to this body.' He finally sits up a bit to look at me with stern eyes.

'Oh but I am.' I grin back. He only rolls his eyes.

'Let's not pretend you are.'

'Hey!' I say playfully, pushing him gently.

'Yo, no hurting the pregnant person!'

'So you think being pregnant gives you a free pass?' I mock, one eyebrow rising challengingly.

'Maybe' His eyes leave mine to trail down my upper body suggestively, only to then meet them again with a new glint.

Immediately I pull him up to my body, my hands on his butt and my mouth on his throat.

But before I can even do anything, there's a crash outside, loud enough to have both of us on our feet in seconds.

We run outside, only to be greeted by the sight of a screeching baby circus monkey, having to be restrained by two pack members.

'Let me go! I'm telling you I have a reason to be here! What the- let go of the merchandise you creep! Where's your decency, I'm a guest! Would you just-'

'Okay!' I say with a sigh, 'It's fine, I got it. He's a friend.' I let the two wolves know and they take the chance and flee. Not that I blame them, I would too if I could.

'Finally, you'd think they didn't know who I- AAAHHH' His screech hurts my ears, but I don't let go of him at all, keeping him in locked in my death hug until I'm being pried off by my mate.

'He can't breath Don.'

'Well, hi, I guess' Zach says, suddenly sheepish. I haven't seen him in all those years, yet he still came to find me, however he even knew where I'm staying.