T W E N T Y F I V E

"So..." Daya slammed her body against the locker, announcing her obnoxious entry with a bang of metal. I flinched slightly, not even turning to look at her as I continued retrieving my books. "How was your date?"

I rolled my eyes, sighing heavily. I knew I shouldn't have told her, but she practically forced it out of me, "Good." I said simply.

"Really? What did you guys do? Did you wear that cute jacket I told you to take? Oh my god, what did he wear? Did you go back to his...or did he go back to yours? Oh my god, does your Mum like him-?"

"Daya." I hissed, shutting her up. "We went to a movie, I wore my football jacket and we slept at his."

She smirked, "Bet you didn't do much sleeping though, did you?"

"Daya." I sighed.

She glanced down at her shoes thoughtfully, "The movies, huh? That's not a great idea for a date, Luca, I would've gone for strawberry picking or-"

"It's not even strawberry season." I pointed out. "Plus, it was a scary movie-"

She gasped, "Oh my god, was he scared? That's adorable, you totally did that on purpose! Tommy took me to a horror movie on one of our first dates but it backfired since he was way more scared than I was-"

"Daya, can you stop talking so much?" I groaned in complaint. "It was fine...more than fine." I smiled proudly to myself.

"Fuck, you did it?" She whispered, lowering her voice.

"No, no, not...it. Just...stuff." I shrugged, quickly opening my mouth to change the subject before she could pry any further, "So, you guys invited him to hang out with us?"

"Yep. It'll be fun, don't worry. We all love him."

"He hasn't even met Tommy and Phoenix." I reminded her. "Just...don't be weird. He's not like you guys."

Before either of us could say another word, Theo had marched over to us, his face burning blood red from embarrassment as he held something in his hand, "Are you fucking insane?" He hissed. No stutter.

"What?" I asked innocently, leaning back against my locker nonchalantly, smirking to myself.

He held up a small wrapped up gift, the paper torn away, "You left this in my l-locker?" He challenged threateningly, but he just looked more adorable.

"Oh, yeah, that." I chuckled, deciding to play along a little longer. "It's a present. All for you."

"E-Ever heard of flowers or chocolates or something?" He retaliated. "Not f-fucking lube."

I'd never seen him like this before, it made me smile. All these different sides of him I was discovering, it meant we were slowly evolving into something real - that made me happy. Daya burst out laughing beside me, doubling over to clutch her stomach as giggles radiated from her chest, "Oh, wow." She chuckled, catching her breath. "You guys are cute but super weird."

"I'm sorry, Theo." I laughed, "I just thought that...you know, maybe you - we - would need it at some point..." I trailed off, still chuckling.

Theo opened his mouth to scold me some more but he was silenced by Tommy and Phoenix's arrival. We all stiffened, and Phoenix cleared his throat awkwardly, "Hey."

"Uh, guys, this is Theo." I introduced hastily, "This is Phoenix and that's Tommy." I told him.

They all murmured quiet greetings as Theo's face grew visibly hotter by the second, the package still clutched in his grip. Once silence surrounded us, Phoenix's eyes fell to Theo's hands. Perhaps he was merely looking for an excuse to break the heavy silence, but he made the dumb decision of asking, "What's that?"