1. "fresher's week"

College. A fresh start. A brand new beginning.

This summer was absolutely amazing. It was everything I hoped it would be. Cam and I hung out almost every day and I got to know her boyfriend Parker a lot better. He's a really nice guy and he treats her well so that's all I care about. He's also really into the Beatles so he's got good taste.

Sawyer and I spent the rest of the days together, going on spontaneous road trips, hiking, laying by the beach, and falling asleep underneath the same sky full of stars. Our last week was one I'll remember forever. He rented a little cottage for us near a small lake for an entire week. I'd always dream to save up enough money and buy one just like it somewhere nested cozy in the middle of the woods, far away from everyone. So I could come up and get away anytime I wanted to.

There's something about that fresh air you get from the trees after it rains, or sitting by the lake early in the morning with a hot cup of coffee. It was hard to say goodbye and go back home.

Now I'm here, the first day of school at Sweetwater college, with my best friend. As soon as I entered the air-conditioned building and saw all of the other eager students carrying their luggage to their rooms I almost instantly felt at home.

"No, put the 5 Seconds of Summer poster up over the bed, Holly." Cam ordered me. She's the craziest fangirl I've ever met. She was already playing their new album as we were unpacking our bags and throwing all our clothes into the tiny closets in our room. I rolled my eyes and did as she said.

"I can't believe we're actually here, we get to be roommates. This is insane." I stop and think to myself as I tape up the poster. I'm actually decorating our new room right now. Given it may be the size of a shoebox and the view from the window isn't that breathtaking but knowing Cam, she will jazz up the room and make it as glamorous as possible. And the fact that we get to live away from our crazy parents and be independent is incredible.

Sawyer is just a 40-minute drive from me, now that I've got my license so I get to see him every weekend. It's all falling into place.

What could possibly go wrong?

We receive a knock on our door just as that thought enters my mind. I turn back to find Parker leaning against our door frame, waiting patiently for Cam to notice. Her face lights up just as she sees him and she hops over to give him a tight hug. "Guess who's right down the hall from you guys." He announces excitedly.

Cam and Parker have made it official and I couldn't be happier for them, no matter how nauseating they can get at times. I'm also proud of her for committing to a relationship like this. In all of the 12 years, I've known her, she's never had a real boyfriend because she hates labels. But somehow, Parker came along and changed her mind so he must be pretty special to her.

"No way." She squeals, causing me to scrunch up my nose from the loud sound. It's great that we're all here though. I'm happy.

"Georgia landed in Boston." Parker brought up. "I'm so glad she went to a different school, we don't need a Queen-B running amok around here." Cam said.

"So, you guys pumped for this week?"

"Absolutely." Cam smiles, and they both look at me so I stare back at them, clueless.

"Huh?" I raise a brow. "It's fresher's week! Duh." She waves her arms. "That means, parties, parties and more parties. And we're going."

The old me would cringe at that thought, but somehow, being here makes me actually excited.

Suddenly, we heard an ear-piercing scream coming from the girl's bathroom followed by a chain of giggles. We immediately rushed over to the crowd surrounding the bathroom to see what was going on. Cam and I pushed through the crowd of people and ducked our heads in, shocked at the sight in front of our eyes.