Chapter 24

"No doubt exists that all women are crazy; it's only a question of degree." - W. C. Fields

Werewolf Kingdom
Romanov Estate/Castle
The King's Chamber

Alessio's POV

"I want all pack wolves, ranked or not, to attend the post full moon ball. The last celebration did not end well so tonight I want the security tight, especially because we have important achievements to celebrate. Make sure the new alphas of the Nightshade Pack, former Beta Edwards and the now Luna Elisa, will be here as well as his beta, Caleb. I want everyone to know them and hear about Vincent and Finn's traitorous act. Am I clear?" My men nodded at my last instructions and I dismissed them immediately to prepare for tonight's celebration.

It's been two days since the ascension of Fyrrah in the Fire Kingdom and works immediately filed in for her - mostly those ignored by her father which the people badly needed. I offered help but she politely declined saying it's her responsibility and she doesn't want to add to the things I needed to do. She also arrested Sandoval Harke, an ESDC pet of Leonardo, and Kalen was the one to replace him. He immediately handled the case of Alessandro Voltaire whom my men caught in the underground host club and the person who attempted to rape Laina, Kalen's wife. Virgo became Fyrrah's general, which ended his player ways. He said he can't let his sister down. Elisa became Luna to Edwards, while their mother stayed by Fyrrah's side to guide her in her reign.

"Did you talk to Fyrrah about it?" Tristan's voice brought me back to reality.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Talk to her about what?"

He rolled his eyes at me, "The mate thing, idiot."

Slowly my eyes widened, Oh shit.

"I-I forgot..." My reaction made him chuckle which earned a whack in the head from me.

"I can't believe it slipped your mind when you'll both have to do the ritual dance for full moon tonight. The ball's in three hours time, go tell her!" He pushed me towards our room.

"It's not my fault my wolf's too happy to remember we still haven't told her! Everyday it feels perfect! Plus the fact we're both busy with king and queen duties!" I reasoned out and my wolf growled.

'Stop blaming me, mate's happy - mate loves me.' Cocky wolf, isn't he?

"Then tell her now, before it's too late." He winked before leaving me alone to face the music, the most beautiful music - mate bond.

I opened the door to our room and saw no sign of her, just our attire for the evening laid on top of the king-sized bed. We match and that made me smile.

Okay, time to find her.

I went out of the room and saw a maid heading to the library so I called her attention, "Have you seen the queen?"

She nodded politely, "She just went out of the dungeons and left, my king. Her brother called and said she's needed in the fire kingdom right away. It's a very important matter."

My heart nearly exploded at that. It's too late, damn late. I thanked her and went out of the castle for a run. As I neared the woods I tried calling her but the line's busy. I called her many times but she's not answering. How am I going to tell her now? I don't even know if she'll make it in time tonight. When I came back only one hour's left before the start of the ball. Guests started arriving and I saw Anthony and Berlin welcoming them and facilitating with other guards and ushers. I heard my name being called and saw Tristan at the back door holding out my suit.

"Dammit Alessio! You need to fix yourself and welcome them too!" He pulled me towards an empty guest room and shoved me inside the bathroom with my clothes. He closed the door when he went out and waited outside.