[0] Where Calls End

a/n:
The first official chapter of Where Hearts Lie will be out shortly. This is the unofficial beginning of this continued love story. It has been edited since its 2018 publish date ever so slightly. It is written in a dialogue heavy style and acts a teaser of what is to come. Enjoy.

August 16, 2015

August 16, 2015

"Grey, I miss you."

"Archer, it's only been a few hours since I left California."

"A few? It's been at least seven."

"It's only been seven hours since I left California."

"Am I not allowed to miss you after only seven hours?"

"You're allowed to."

"Okay then, let's try this again. This time I expect you to repeat the three words. Got it?"

"Got it."

"I miss you."

"I miss you too."

"I know you do."

"You do? Well, how do you know that?"

"You repeated another combination of three words to me today."

"I love you?"

"I love you too."

"You set me up, didn't you? Aren't you clever?"

"I am just as clever as I am in love with you. And I must admit that I am quite clever."

"Archer—"

"Elliot Grey, I mean it. I haven't always been entirely honest to you when I ought to be and now I will be."

"You're going to make me cry. You're going to make me miss you more if you keep talking like this."

"Then maybe I should stop talking to you now and let you get settled in. It'll be hard to unpack your things if you're crying."

"I like talking to you though, I can unpack while talking to you."

"We have all the time in the world to talk, just focus on one thing for now. You can unpack quicker if you're not having to worry about keeping up a conversation."