Chapter 3

"HEY! BIRD BRAINS! I DON't THINK YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TREAT GUESTS LIKE THAT!" I scream from my spot in the middle of the aisle that leads to the altar. "COME AND GET ME ASSHOLES! BLEHHHH!"

Oh, god. Forgive me for cursing with children nearby and may they never retain that word. Turning around, I run to my right into one of the pews where I grab a songbook and throw it at the huge gorilla hot on my heels.

"Why you little bitch!" He snaps as he scrambles after me, his cronies cut off my exit from the other end of the pew and they close in on me. "Now you're going to get it."

Damn, I might have to kill at least one of them at this rate. Grabbing, the gorilla's belt from his pants, I use it as a whip to whack the man or rather Godzilla charging towards me on my left, hitting him square in the face with the buckle.

Climbing onto the seat so that I'm almost as tall as the men, I kick the gorilla in the face with the tip of my toe making sure to damage his nose, behind the Godzilla I struck with the belt is a man the size of a bull who also charges towards me with a cry sounding like the dying animal. Dodging his beefy arms, I whack him sharply on the head with the buckle.

There's one more. Bending down to grab one of the thicker books, I see a stick man running towards me with a blade in his hands, looking ever so determined to stab me with it. Too slow. Throwing the thicker than the rest book at him, I hit him squarely in the throat which causes him to lose his balance and choke.

Picking up the gun from the man whose nose I may or may not have broken, I aim it at them periodically, shooting either their legs or their calves to prevent them from escaping. Fudge, we came here to interrogate Sister Alberta instead I ended up protecting her.

Kicking the groaning man nearest to me in his gunshot wound, I huff angrily as I make my way to Todd. At least, we have a better source now.

"Well, at least you can fight still," Todd coughs, rubbing his chest. "Those men really pack a punch you know."

Rolling my eyes, I punch him in his stomach, "Why the hell didn't you defend yourself? Don't you work for Alexander?"

Leaving him to writhe on the ground, I go over to Sister Alberta who's breathing is shallow enough to have her pass as dying. Age did not do her well these past ten years, her wrinkles now are more prominent and her skin more transparent, it's clear she's going to pass soon even without these men whacking her to bits just now.

"Why would they hit their supplier?" Todd questions breathlessly, joining me to look over at Sister Alberta. "Where're the other nuns?"

"They should be here any moment now," I answer confidently, the distant pitter-patter of the nuns running towards the sound of the gunshots. "This must have happened before so naturally, the nuns would be worried about their Mother Superior."

"Mother...Superior?" Todd asks, clearly confused, hoisting the wounded men onto the seats, not bothering to tie them up since they're already shot in the leg by me. "Why do you think she has that position?"

I don't even bother to answer his obvious question which can be easily answered had he taken a closer look to her nun's habit as five to six nuns come running into the hall, their eyes wide and terrified as their eyes dart between the groaning wounded men and Damian and me who stare at them in boredom. Not bothering to explain ourselves, I go straight to my objective.

"Where are the kids?" I snap, clutching stick man by his collar, making his painfilled eyes meet my rageful ones. "Speak or I'll give you a third hole to breathe out of."

None of them says anything.

Jeez, and I hoped it'd be easier this time around. Turning to Todd, I sharply jerk my chin in the direction that the other nuns came running in from, signalling for him to get the women out of here. Getting my message, Todd carries the half-conscious Sister Alberta on his shoulder, as he leads the sisters of devotion out of view. This is going to get really messy.