Thanksgiving pt. 1

I tried waking her up but I guess I must have wore her out last night so I decided to go ahead and start packing. Then she finally rolled over and looked at me, "Where are you going so early baby?" "I already told you, I am going to my parent's house for the week Jordan" I said trying to continue my packing but she sat up and pulled me onto her, "You don't have class this week, I can take off work, just stay with me," she pouted and laid her head on my shoulder. "It's Thanksgiving, I have to go see my family"
"I will go with, from what you've told me about your dad I'm sure me and him will hit it off."
I laughed and stood up, "No, no, no, my family doesn't even know I'm a lesbian and I'm sure there's a better way to give them the news than by popping up with my thirty-five year old girlfriend." She laughed and lit a cigarette,
which I snatched out of her hand, "You won't make it to forty if you keep smoking these" I knocked off the ashes then dropped it in the trash. I knew I was starting an argument she would refuse to get into. She ran her fingers through my hair, "You keep me young Adelaide."
"I know," I kissed her cheek, "I really have to get going." She sighed, "fine," she gave me a kiss, "please be careful."
"I know you find it hard to believe but I can actually adult without you" I said grabbing my bags.
"Mhm"
I grabbed my stuff and ran down the stairs, then I had to run back up and when I did she was sitting on the couch with her arm extended and my phone in her hand, "Not even two minutes and you're already lost without me." She grinned.
I grabbed my phone and gave her another kiss, "Yeah, yeah."