Chapter Nineteen

Women speak two languages — one of which is verbal.
-William Shakespare

Neil Harris

A warm touch. A warm body.

My eyes popped open and I turned my head cautiously, dreading the scene. The scene was as expected, yet it was not quite welcomed. The visual was pleasant and my hands rose themselves to slide the strands of blonde but my blood went cold.

What the hell was I doing?

Few waterworks? Few touches from her and I was melting already? Never!

Silently, I lifted myself off the bed and stood on the laminated floor. At least, my room was spared of her presence. I walked over to the door and opened it but stopped short and looked over my shoulder at the woman sleeping soundlessly on the bed.

The pale light of a chilly morning fell on her face from the windows behind the bed. She was being portrayed as a fallen angel yet she was far from it because of the blood that runs through her veins. She still remained the daughter of the devil.

Barefoot and shirtless, I left her in blissful sleep and entered the solitary of my room.

Thirty minutes later, I was walking down the stairs and preparing myself to do something that I had never done before. In the midst of it, I heard footsteps coming down and I hurried to present and act accordingly.

"Oh! I thought you left already."

"Nope." I shook my head and gestured her near. "Here, sit down."

"What is this?"

"Well, it's...breakfast? Wow." I answered, looking as surprised as she was. I could not believe I managed to put all these together. As I poured her a glass of juice to go with her plate of English breakfast, she seated down and stared up at me.

"But why?"

I stared back and simply said. "Because I wanted too."

Her full lips parted as her face softened, but then something flashed before her eyes and she looked down at the plate with a frown.

"Thank you." She muttered as quietly as possible as if she wanted to hide away from the show of gesture from me.

It was as clear as today's morning sky that she was fighting a battle of emotions. Just what I wanted.

"So, did you ever do something fun?" My lips tilted up on their own as I asked her in a nonchalant voice cause last night was surely half the fun I meant her to have with me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She lifted her head with that same frown on her pretty face. Her hand rose as she slid the strand of her hair behind her ear. I remembered how silky those golden locks were and how it felt as I moved it away from her face, and how soft and inviting her skin was as I glided my palm over her neck. How could every little thing about her be so erotic?

Why of all ladies in my acquaintances Ashley Davis was the one who I was most attracted to?

I backed away and leaned on the counter, crossing my arms above my chest, resisting myself from getting a feel of her again. I knew she was melting but she would turn into ice as fast as my hands could slip beneath her dress. And, trust me, they could slip in seconds. Better to maintain the distance before I ruined the progress. There was no way I wanted that ice princess in the bed again with me unless she was up for some much needed action.

"It's supposed to mean what it actually means. Don't be coy with it. Just answer it."

She pressed her lips in displeasure. Yep, the ice princess was back already. "Of course, I did. What do you think we all did all the time?"