Light Pink

"Are you sure?" I asked him stupidly and he nodded.

"Flora listen, it's not going to come between us. I won't let her. Nothing she says is going to change anything now. You have to believe me." His hands were shaking me and I nodded.

"I don't want you to meet her. I need to handle this without involving you." He said again and I was more than willing to let that happen.

She'd ruined everything once - I didn't know how yet, just that she had. Not again.

"Never again." Reece affirmed and I let out a little squeak. "I didn't know that I said it out loud." I admitted sheepishly, trying to control the blush but Reece had no care for it. Instead, he leaned closer and said, "You didn't." Which made Atticus and Sienna gasp.

Huh?

The look of confusion was probably evident on my face because he proceeded to say, "I could read your mind."

I only gaped at him like a fish, while Sienna filled in the silence.

"You haven't even marked her!" She screamed in excitement and Atticus was looking at me proudly.

Wait, what? I don't want someone to read my mind!

"Too bad, princess. You are now an open book." The Alpha King teased, a half tilted smirk lighting his face up like a Christmas tree.

"Earlier in the car, she was so panicked! I almost thought that..." Atticus left the sentence midway, only adding to all my confusion.

"Yeah! I told her that too!" Sienna added, and suddenly I had Reece's full attention. His eyes were narrow in doubt for a moment before a large, genuine smile came on his face.

"I have no idea what's going on." I stated, slumping back into the seat in annoyance. My gaze shifted to Xena. She was sleeping so peacefully, no idea about the events that had just taken place. It was unnatural.

"She's awfully still." I commented, but the three of them shushed my worries away. "It's just the alcohol. Haven't you seen 'The Hangover'?" Sienna said airily while both the men nodded.

"I'll have someone take her back to your room." Hank's voice said from behind, once again reminding me of the events that had unfolded. Good lord, you could probably distract me with a broken pencil tip!

Reece nodded to Hank and a second later April came towards us. It was then that I noticed all the other people.

Our bodyguards were out of their cars in scanty clothes. And it struck me - they had all run all the way! So many people to protect us...it was overwhelming to say the least. Reece followed my line of sight towards the rest of them before he turned back to me. "It's okay, you're worth it," but something told me that he didn't have to read my mind to know what I was thinking.

April walked forward, dressed in nothing but a loose long t-shirt that reached mid-thigh and I stepped out of the car, my gaze not leaving my best friend. I watched as she effortlessly helped her out of the car, and carried her over her shoulder like she was a stuffed doll! Before she left she also managed to do a small curtsy to Reece and me, with Reece being the King he is and me reacting with raised hands and a flustered face. I was not used to that!

Atticus whistled, "When she finds her mate all this is going to be such a fire starter." And they laughed again with me out of the loop.

"What?"

"The clothes," Sienna explained. "You don't think her mate would allow her to roam around like that, do you? Werewolves are extremely possessive."

"And it works both ways." Atticus added wisely.