9

(this is mainly gonna be a flashback) (6 years ago) (you're 17 years old :)

''catch'' i said as i threw the ball to my little sister she was one years old barly able to stand on her own. as i guessed she didn't catch it. it bounced on her head she fell on her but then started clapping while laughing. i picked her up and giggled with her.

my mom came back with ice cream in her hands. she smiled as she watched us. ''you want one tara?'' tara reached her tiny hands out to the ice cream.

''i want a kiss first'' she turned her cheek tara grabbed my moms hair and put it in her mouth. i couldn't help but laugh.

''no tara'' i pulled the hair away from her and whipped her mouth with my sleeve. my mom giggled. she gave tara the ice cream then gave me mine. i held tara in one arm she licked her ice cream. she looked at me as i licked my ice cream her big brown eyes fixed on my ice cream.

she puched her ice cream in my face. ''tara!'' i said she giggled and my mom also laughed. my mom grabbed tara from me and handed a napkin to me. i whipped my cheek and glared at tara. she looked at my mom now.

''you better not even think of doing that tara'' even as a 1 year old she understood my mom loud and clear her eyes went to me again. she licked her ice cream.

''precious'' i heard then the sound of a click. i turned around to see nick. i smiled.

''hello nick'' he was a fe years older then me. but he was practically family.

''hey y/n, hello sophia and little tara'' my mom smiled as nick walked to tara and tickled her. tara's face kept neatural. i frowned at her. she's usually always happy and laughing and very ticklish. but if nick does it she doesn't budge.

''what are you doing here?'' i asked curious. he smiled looking at me.

''oh i'm looking for your father. i thought he might have been here. he borrowed something of mine and i really need it back'' i shook my head.

''no he isn't he's working'' he nodded with a smirk.

''okay. thanks.'' he moved a hand through his hair.

''well have a nice day. y/n, sophia and tara'' he nodded at us putting his hands in his pocket then walked away.

''leaving so soon?'' my mom said after him.

''yeah need to do something'' he said without turning around. my mom and i watched as he walked off. she turned to me and i just struggled.

tara yawned. we have been playing all day. she dropped her ice cream and rested her head in my moms neck.

''poor ice cream. what a waste'' i said looking down at the ice cream i finished mine. ''it's getting late and tara is tired. let's go home'' i nodded throwing the paper away and tara's ice cream then walked along side my mom.

after we got home my mom gave me tara so i could put her to bed. saying she went to prepair tara's milk. i changed tara's clothes then put her in her crib. i waited for my mom looking at my sister as she breathed peacefully. my mom took longer then she usually did.

what got me on my feet was the crash i heard downstairs. i ran downstairs. my mom screamed.

i ran to the back yard. what i saw had me almost fall over. my dad was on the floor. nick had a gun aimed at his head.

''phillip!'' my mom yelled. ''what is happening'' she looked at me.

''i'm gonna call the police'' a click of the gun made her stop in her track.