-Chapter 8-

Ezra slammed the brains down on the table with a bit more urgency than usual, a certain adrenaline rush he hadn't had in a while, was pumping through his veins as he pushed the curtain closed behind him and slammed the gate closed with a loud 'clang.' 

Kane was sulking in the corner as usual, looking peved at his sudden burst of strength which he used with closing his gate, and took a long drag on his cigarette before jerking his head to move a stray piece of light brown hair from his forehead. 

"Ezra, you seem agitated. What bugs you, Brother?" 

Ezra, as expected, didn't respond and Kane simply gave a small smirk as Bryn stepped forward.

"You've done something wrong." 

"No." Ezra replied quickly, stopping in his tracks. "I've made a discovery." He finshed then promptly lefty through the arched doorway.  

Bryn grit his crooked teeth and made a quick move to follow him. Kane looked warningly out of the corner of his eye, his emerald orbs daring him to do something out of lines. 

Bryn narrowed his gaze and turned on his heels, entering his own unit and slamming the rusty gate closed with more of a screech than Ezra's obnoxious slam. 

Kane closed his eyes and grit his teeth at the painful echo in his eardrums and pinched his cigarrete in irritation. 

He let the drug slide through his fingers and hit the floor before smashing it with the heel of his boot. 

"Damn it." He whispered quietly in the emptiness of the stony, cold, hallway.