Part 20

Arnav knew very well that it's Khushi. She must have seen something in his eyes and here she is... like always... trying to reduce his pain.... But now... how can he face her... he gritted his teeth and shut his eyes... he composed himself and thought that he should handle this very carefully and calmly otherwise he may hurt her too.

"Arnavji" Khushi knocked again and slowly came in. He is having his back to her. "Arnavji... everything will be alright soon..." her voice is very sincere with pain. He took a deep breath and turned to her. He looked her plainly though his eyes showed his pain to her. "Arnavji..." she couldn't watch him like that and took a step towards him. "Khushi... I know about Shyam" he looked her face as he really needs his answers. She froze hearing him say that but wasn't sure about how much he actually knows. "I know about the Shyam who stayed in your place" he clarified her taking a step close to her. "Ar..Arnavji... ho..how did you...." She's shaking heavily and the tray in her hands trembled.

He took the tray from her and kept it on the table. He can feel her state. She couldn't meet his eyes as her eyes are welled up thinking about Shyam... especially how Arnav will be feeling now knowing about Shyam... "Khushi..." he closed the gap. She looked his eyes and gets engulfed with fear. "What if he takes her wrong" she thinks and takes a step back. But instantly he pulls her to him and hugs her tightly. He knew that she will get scared about his temper. He is sure that right now compared to words... actions will speak a lot. She is clearly taken aback as she is expecting him to yell her but his hug made her to realize that he actually believes her. She cries silently though her body is shaking in the effect. "Shhh... Khushi" saying this he rubs her back. When all her tears are out he relieves her and wipes her cheeks.

"Arnavji" she couldn't help the quiver in her voice. He held her in a side hug and led her to the bed. He made her to sit and he himself sat beside her. She simply watched him as she's sure that he's not the old Arnav Singh Raizada... he's definitely changed... otherwise he would have hurted her very badly. But now... her thoughts went to her hand which Arnav held it gently and pulled it on his lap. She looked his eyes. "Khushi... I know... you didn't tell this earlier coz of my di.... You know how much she means to me... She's my world... and now you are in it too... (a pause with their eye lock)... I understand that you must be struggling inside whether to tell me or not... your fear about how I will take this matter is acceptable... as I was really a jerk before... but now... I want to protect my di and you... you two are my eyes... for that... tell me Khushi.... I want to listen to you... whatever is bothering you... pour it" he assured her with a gentle firm in their hold.

"Arnavji... how... how you are believing me" she's still in shock. He had a small smile even in this situation. He cupped her cheeks and lifted so that their eyes are in line. "Your eyes... I can say when you are doing pranks and when you are telling the truth... I didn't know that when we met first... when you pleaded to free you for your sister's marriage... I couldn't get it that time... but now as I know you very well... I can say that confidently" she instantly hugged him and tears made its way on her cheeks again.

"Khushi" he kissed her forehead. This made her to smile that her laad governer is in fact trusting her. She steadied herself and wiped her tears. He took her hand in his again. With determination she started to tell him everything... right from the beginning... how the goons attacked her after that video leakage... how Shyam came into picture by rescuing them... and how again they met in Delhi... how he came in Buwaji's good side by helping her... how he stayed with them as a paying guest... how Buwaji insisted her to marry him... how she half-heartedly accepted it coz of her father's condition... how she found his true face... how she broke her engagement... how he threatened with Payal's life... how she hesitated to disclose considering both Anjali and Payal's sake.

Arnav gritting his teeth helds his fist. She looked him. "Arnavji... am sorry... I swear... I didn't know about him... if I had known earlier... I would never..." she couldn't continue as he had put his finger on her lips. "I believe you... I told you that right" he stared her eyes. She nods. "In fact... this is all coz of me... if I didn't leaked that video in anger... this day wouldn't have occurred" he felt furious on himself. She kept her palm on his cheek and looked his eyes "Arnavji... then I couldn't have met you" she stared his face. He placed his hand over her hand on his cheek and his other hand pulled her closer to him. Then suddenly she says "Anjali ji" and looks him with pain. His eyes too showed his pain. He hugs her and utters sternly "Di will be alright... I will make sure of that". "We will" she assures resting her head on his chest and both felt warmth and strength in each other's embrace. 

Note: So guys... how did our Arnav handled it.... is it okay or not... pls do let me know guys... thanks for all your precious affections..... luv u guys....

Kalai....