Chapter 16 First Day (Mystery Man's POV)

The last bell rings and Mrs. Ana walks to the front of the class.

"Good morning class. As you all can see we have someone new in here today. His name is Lucas Stone, but you all will call him Mr. Stone. He will be the student teacher in this class for the rest of the year. I have a meeting today, so Mr. Stone will be teaching. I want you to all be on your best behavior. I'll see you all tomorrow." She finishes her talk and grabs her coat before leaving.

I stand at the front of the class. "Hello everyone. As Mrs. Ana just said my name is Lucas Stone, but you can call me Mr. Stone. I'll be here for the rest of the school year, I hope we can all get along."

I start the lesson. Talking about a book the class was about to read, 'Macbeth'. I notice Charlotte in the back of the room, not paying attention. I give the class a small activity and walk back to her desk. She's drawing a picture of an octopus. Cute. She finishes and looks at it. I snatch it away. She looks up at me startled.

"You're supposed to be paying attention, not drawing."

I bring the paper to the front of the room and start up a group conversation about the book, staring at Charlotte the whole time.

When class ends I say goodbye to everyone and go to the teacher's lounge, because I don't have a class this hour. I get a drink out of the machine and sit at the table. At lunch I'll take her to the motel with me. I'm so tempted just to take her and run, but then I'd be the main suspect, because I'm new to the school.

I can't screw this up, I just have to let her finish this year of school, then I 'move away'. A week or two later, she'll be mine and no one will ever suspect me. It's a perfect plan. I'll get to have Charlotte and no one will ever figure out that it was me.

I hear the bell ring and stand up. Time to go see Charlotte.

.

.

.

Finally it's lunch time. I walk into the lunch room to find Charlotte. She's standing in line with another girl. I walk over and tap on her shoulder, interrupting her sentence. The other girls eyes go wide and I grin, Charlotte turns around and I look at her.

"Ivy may I see you, I have something I need your help with." She looks back at her friend and I see her mouth, 'go, he's hot'. I grin at her and grab Charlotte's arm, pulling her with me.

"Come along Ivy."

.

.

.

While in the car she asks. "Is Lucas even your real name?"

"Nope."

"What is it?"

As if I'd tell her that yet.

I drive for a while until I get to my motel. I get out and walk around, helping Charlotte out. She looks at me terrified.

"Wha..what are we doing here?" She asks, her voice wavering a bit.

"I just wanted to be alone with you princess, no need to worry. I won't do anything."

I grab her arm and steer her towards my room. I unlock the door and we walk in.

"Make yourself at home darling, there's food in the fridge." She just stands in the middle of the room. "Go on, get some food." I give her a gentle nudge.

"Or would you rather me get it for you?" She doesn't answer and i sigh. "You are so difficult sometimes princess." I walk to fridge and pull out meat, cheese, miracle whip, lettuce, and tomatoes.

I bring everything to the table, where the bread is along with plates. I make two sandwiches and put everything away. I grab two cans of Dr. Pepper and hand her one along with a plate with the sandwich and chips.

"Eat." I order and sit at the table, motioning to the food across from me as I start eating.

"So, how is school? Are your grades good? Do you have any friends?" I ask trying to lighten the mood.

She shrugs. "School's fine I have okay grades and one so far." She answers quickly, keeping her gaze locked on the table. I sigh and reach towards her hand. "Princess, please. I love you and I'm just trying to make you see it. I don't want to hurt you, I just want to love and care for you." I say with sincerity in my voice.

She doesn't answer, only pulling her hand away slowly and putting it in her lap.

"Can we go now? We have to be back at school soon." She asks softly. I look at her still full plate.

"You have to eat first. Then we'll leave." She sighs and takes a few bites of the sandwich and eats a couple of chips.

"There, I ate."

"More and drink your pop as well." I order. She eats half of the sandwich and half of the chips, finishing the pop.

"Okay, that's good. Let's go." I get up, helping her up and leading her out, locking my door behind me. I help her into the car and we drive off.

.

.

.

In her seventh hour, Photography, they went to take pictures so I followed Charlotte around the whole time. A couple of the other girls look a bit jealous, but who cares. The only girl for me is Charlotte.

She is an amazing photographer. I'm thinking of getting her a camera of her own. She doesn't have one and I know she's been wanting one.

I watch as she focuses in on what seems so small and irrelevant, but as she takes the picture it's like being transported to another world. The photo looks nothing like I saw, it's amazing how she can turn a flower into a whole new world.

I'm definitely getting her a camera. Her birthday is coming up and that's going to be the best present she'll receive.

.

.

.

When class is out I make sure that she gets picked up and then I leave to go get her present. I drive to a nearby camera shop and walk inside. The old man greets me with a smile and I look around, finally deciding on a very nice looking DSLR camera with all the settings she could ever want, plus some attachment to help her take pictures of the stars.

I pay the 4,000 something dollars that the camera costs and leave. I know it's a lot, but I love her and money is just a trivial thing compared to her.

I go to the nearest store and get a nice box to put it in along with ribbon to tie it with. I can't wait to give it to her. She's going to love it, I already know. Maybe, just maybe, this will make her realize how much I love her.

When I'm done, I head back to my motel to put everything together.

Hey guys! I hope you guys liked this chapter and I know it's not amazing but I tried my best. Feedback is welcome and very much appreciated. So, how are you guys liking 'Lucas'? Do you like him? Hate him? Why? See you guys next chapter!