•• Prologue ••

"She was like the tear of the sky,
the anger of a volcano.

She was like the rain in a desert,
the fire in a sea.

And he didn't know he was a moth,
drawn to a flame."

***

S A R A H

We always wish for the things we don't have, not being even a little aware of the blessings around us. The topmost of which, is life. Little do we know, this so called life has to end one day.

It's just like the colours that are meant to fade. But then, it's a blessing that at least, we saw those colours.

But how to see through the facades of this abstract painting titled as life? Are we really able to see what it holds deep inside?

But that's the point.

We don't see.

We do not only need sight for all the things around us. For some things, we need a heart. A heart which speaks when it beats, and sees when it feels.

But however.

However . . .

Colours, sceneries, structures. These are the kind of things only eyes can see. You look at them, you think about them, you imagine them and you dream about them. But what if, you are born with eyes that are only a part of your face but don't function. Eyes that are useless.

And as aghast as a person can be at the thought of blindness, I believe it's not too bad.

Why?

Let's start off with a story.

The story of a girl who cannot see. And abnormally for a blind person, she can't even dream.

Anyhow, this story is too much to put into words.

So, to tell you, my eyes only had black with them wherever they go. Black showed me directions, determinations, positions and all that a person with a good eyesight could never see.

And it was all, most certainly, because I was blind.

I didn't lose my vision due to an incident. They say I was blind by birth. Because, as far as I knew, a person who is blind by birth is not able to imagine or identify colours. Whereas I could.

And then I had this God-gifted ability of being able to hear almost every inaudible sound, as long as I was attentive.

I dreamt every night but, I couldn't see anything in my dreams. I just heard voices that I used to hear everyday.

But one night, my dreams took an unexpected turn.

I saw something.

I actually dreamed.

A dream which was going to change my life. Turn it upside down.

A dream in which I saw my very own self.

I had blue eyes, large eyelashes, a slim figure that I would be blown if the air touches me, delicate facial features, hair that almost reached my knees and that were pitch black.

And this is when for the first time, I saw colours. Colours that weren't black. They were . . . different. Like those that I could imagine.

A few minutes after watching myself, I felt something behind me which soon started appearing in the mirror. I was just about to register what it was when my eyes blinked.

White flashed in front of me and I was back to my black, dark life.

I had woken up.

***

A/N: Hello my lovelies, hope you enjoyed the prologue. Must leave your feedback and don't forget to vote, of course.