Chapter 6 - Phase 2 & 3

As the chopper arrived over the base, they were told to get ready. Rather than the chopper landing, they were told to slide down with a rope. "Right" Ant said. "You'll be using a rope and harness to go down. Has anyone done this type of stuff. Tyler had gone when he was eight. He scared the living daylights out of himself then, but he knew he could do it. He raised his hand. "Perfect 18 get here". Tyler walked over to him. "Here's your harness". "I don't need one". He had his gloves on to prevent burns. He grabbed the rope and gripped it tight. He had spun around. He used his right hand to grab the bit of rope beneath him and gripped his left hand next to his head. He let go of his grip slowly and began sliding down to the ground. When he got nearer to the bottom he gripped tighter slowing as he arrived at the bottom softly.

The DS member pointed towards another big tent. "Essentials there, get packing". "Yes DS staff". He jogged over to the tent and began looking for his bed. He found it. And began setting everything up. He changed into his jungle clothes and awaited for further instructions.

Half-an-hour later everyone had come down and they had also started to pack everything. "Right everyone outside in a line". They had all walked out and waited in a line. "Here in the jungle you will learn the basics of surviving and patrolling in the harsh conditions. SAS jungle patrols have to live for weeks behind enemy lines in 4 man patrols. Understand". They all replied with the usual "yes DS staff". "Good. Now we will go inside the tent and check all your tents. We want everything in good order".

The DS entered the tent and weeded out those who didn't put their bed up properly or those who didn't keep it the way the DS wanted. The first task was to learn the basics of survival in a jungle and patrolling within harsh conditions. They began learning basic skills in how to survive in the jungle.

They learnt how to cook the easiest of animals. They had also learned how to take fresh water from trees. They were told which plants were poisonous and which were the absolute opposite.

"Right we DS want to see some basic skills" Ant started. "We are going to have some fighting matches. This is voluntary and not needed. Anyone want to take part". Hands went flying up except for two men who didn't want to take part. "Alright then follow me".

They walked in to the helicopter shelter room. Ant began speaking again. "Right number 18 and number 7". Tyler's number was called and he came forwards. Number 7 was another man. He was bulky and fully grown. "Okay, put the gloves on and put the gum shields on. They were the head protection. No straight face shots. When we stay stop you must stop straight away". Tyler understood straightaway. They were testing self-control. Tyler put on his gloves and went up into a boxing staff. Tyler waited. "Okay and FIGHT"!

Tyler waited. The man aimed for his stomach but he was ready. He dodged the punch the left hooked him in his hips. He then jabbed twice on his chest then right hooked him onto his stomach. As he was about hit him again. He heard Ant shout stop. He dropped his stance and moved away. This carried on for an hour different people fighting different people.

Once they had finished they were brought back to the tent. They slept for a while and waited for the next task. The phase would last for another four weeks

4 weeks later

They were on their way back from enemy lines. Only ten remained for the final phase and Tyler was one of them. He was happy but knew that the next phase would be the hardest. He held his rifle and was walking back to camp.

As they entered through the gates it was dark. There were no staff and they were expected to get back themselves. "It's too quiet. Check your magazines, look for anything suspicious". They walked slightly low. There was fog surrounding the place. A bullet whistled past. "Get down" a man shouted. "Look for any feet". They went prone and searched. They were throwing tear gas. Tyler looks through his sights and fired at a person's foot. He then shot again, but the tear gas had fully taken over. He coughed then all of them blacked out.

The ten remaining men had been captured by some of the SAS interrogators. They would be taken to a room each and be interrogated. They had place a black mask over their faces and had taken them to a window less room.

After 1 hour he had woken. "Ah rise and shine kid". "Who are you"? "Private Tyler Adams. Serial number : 15543, date of birth 22 February 1993. That's all I can say". "That's all you can say. What were you SAS doing in that jungle. "I've been told to keep quiet". The man kicked his leg. "This torment will not affect me". "Get into a stress position"." Explain it" Tyler smiled. The man grabbed Tyler's arm and put it behind his back. "Don't give cheek with me kid. Knee on the floor AND lean back at a 45-degree angle". Tyler didn't move. The man grabbed him with two arms and forced him into the position.

Tyler had stayed in that position for the next two weeks. He had been on off from the positions. The man had repeatedly asked question but he kept quiet. In the end he left for a while. That was when he quickly got up. He had a few injuries but he could take them. He looked through the door and saw a guard. They carried guns. The interrogator had a pistol. Each one had a stimulation bullets. The next time the man came in he would barge him and try get the pistol. For half an hour he waited by the door.

Finally he had come. He unlocked the door. He entered. Hunter barged him. The main guard came in. Tyler grabbed the gun with his foot and freed it. He then kicked the man in the face. He then took the pistol from the interrogators holster and aimed it at him. "Ha-ha. Now get on the floor, stress positions now". The man had followed quickly. "Good now stay down". Hunter picked the rifle up. He put the pistol in his back pocket. He walked out of the room and walked down the corridor. He turned left and found the exit. He looked around. There were two guards in the corner and the exit was just there. He ran but checked on them. They saw him. He jumped down then aimed two shots at their legs. He then shot another two at their chests. He ran out of the gate and turned left. "Number 18 stop. Make your way back inside and turn left on your entrance. Tyler sighed. He walked back in and headed towards the building. He turned left and saw Ant. "Come with me". He followed Ant into an office. They both sat down.

"That was the first time anyone had done that. It wasn't the best thing to do but it was pretty brave. I can now congratulate you. Welcome to the SAS. A chopper will come pick you up in 10minutes. Your stuff has already been loaded". They shook hands. "Well done. You would have made you father proud. "Thank you sir". "No problem and here is your beret. Keep that safe". "Yes sir and thank you sir". He waved and Tyler exited. The chopper was already there. Tyler entered and sat down. He would be taken back to Credenhill for further information.