Q U E S T I O N S

P r e v i o u s l y . . .

"Wait. Hannah as in Hannah McNutt?" Al questioned suspiciously. "The girl you've had a crush on since you were ten?"

Joey just nodded and smirk.

"How in the hell did you manage that?" Al laughed.

"I wore her down," Joey stated. "After years of asking, she finally said yes."

"I'm happy for you, Fratello." Al patted Joey on the back, and after a few minutes asked. "Did you get what I asked for."

"Yay, I got it," Joey, chuckled, reaching behind the seat for the box. Al pocketed the box as the two went back into the house. 

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Al and Lilly had stayed with Maria and Joey for a week. When Christmas rolled around Al had finished crossing every and dotting every i. He was nervous, but he was ready. Al sat there watching a sleepy Lilly try to smile at an excited Joey has he handed her a stocking to pour out.

"Awe, thank you, so much," she said when she took in the hand stitching his mother did to put Lilly's name on it. Al thought he saw the makings of tears, but she didn't let any slide. 

Lilly had decided after her breakdown with Al's mother, Maria, on her first day at his family home that she would not let another tear shed. She was done, so as much as she wanted to let the water works go, she sniffled them up and smiled widely at the small woman, who held a special place in Lilly's heart. 

"This is for you, mama," Joey announced, still sorting out all the gifts under the tree. Maria placed the gift by her feet and continued to watch her children. She had never been so happy than at this moment. Maria saw her son and the changes in him. They were subtle, but there. For instance, he would hesitate for a moment before going down the hallway, and every knows and then he eyes would become guarded. She understood why he was scared to come back, and seeing the easy way he laughed and played, she thought to herself.  Maria had gotten to know the woman, who sat beside Alessandro. She saw the pain, the light and the beauty that is Lilly, and found it easy to accept her with open arms. Lilly fast became a member of the family. So when Al came to her on the Friday before Christmas about Lilly. Maria knew just what to say to Al's request.

"Joey, catch! This is for you," Al called from the kitchen, where he hid all of his presents. Al never trusted his brother when it came to Christmas presents, and even though it's been a few years since they have celebrated a Christmas together, Al wasn't going to chance it.

Joey laughed, catching the small gift in his hand, "Really? Still?"

Al simply shrugged heading back into the kitchen to get the small box out of the bottom drawer and stick into his pocket for the last time. How can one small box weigh so much, he thought as he walked away from the kitchen to take his seat back on the couch beside Lilly. She was rubbing her eyes. Brody joined her, while he was in the kitchen, sitting on the other side on her. His head taking up her lab. 

"Okay! We are done!" Joey announced, high-tailing it over to his pile of presents. "And we open in three," he began, and Al handed Lilly a gift to open, "two," Lilly did the same for Al. "One."

Everyone quickly demolished the wrapping paper. Joey called "Yes!" at seeing his gift, a new pair of shoes he has been asking for, but was too broke to get them.

"Awe," Maria smiled at seeing, a photo album that had photos of Al, Lilly, Joey, and her from these last few days.

Lilly just laughed when she saw a small ring box with a ring pop in it. "Thanks, Joey," she smiled.