Chapter 8 : Accidental

Tears spilling down, enveloped in guilt, I ran outside the house, and stopped only when I bumped into someone.

"Samantha?" Dylan asked me, making me look at him.

His shirt was covered in oil, and his face held tiredness.

"Whoa, what happened? Why are you crying?" he cupped my face.

It felt good. I wanted to cry on his shoulder and tell him all my problems. But then I looked at his exhausted state, and gave up on the idea.

"I'm fine," I wiped my tears, and walked off from the comfort of his cologne.

I'm fine.

You know the worst part about being fine is that, fine is far from happy. It is that gray space in the middle where you can laugh and smile often, but it isn't joy. It isn't looking forward to each second of your day, or getting most out of life. Being fine is what most people settle for, even when they are anything, but it.

I kept walking, without having any idea of my destination. Every now and then, Britney's words echoed in my head.

Am I the reason why Britney changed so drastically? Will she ever forgive me? Hell, will I ever forgive myself?

Suddenly, I felt something tickling my toe. I looked down at the troublemaker. To my horror, it was a white cat, rubbing her face on my leg.

I let out a sharp cry, "Shoo away you scary beast."

She purred in response.

"Uh-huh, the innocent act won't help. I am still calling you a beast," I pointed a finger at her.

All her innocence was gone now, as her sharp hazel eyes glared at me.

"H-hey, don't be personal okay? I don't have a thing against you, it's just that I am allergic to your species," I said each word with patience, as if the little white thing was actually understanding my language.

She tilted her head and looked at me with suspicion.

"Oh c'mon, I pinky swear I'm not lying. I even complimented Hermione's Crookshanks, once," I said, blinking my eyes innocently.

"Wow, you run away from the house as if your bum was on fire, and then land on an isolated place to talk to a cat," said a new voice.

I turned around towards the owner of the hot divine voice, only to find him giving me a disapproving look, with both his hands in his pocket.

"Why are you here?" I frowned.

"Oh, I just came to look for a girl who has her brain in her knees, but still prefers to use it," he said, "Have you seen her?"

"Shut up, Ryder," I warned him.

The white beast gave us a bored look and walked away. Not before giving me a threatening glare.

"Great! Even the cat disapproves of me," I muttered to myself, and started walking ahead.

Suddenly a huge gorgeous bike caught my attention.

"Sexy, Isn't she?" Trystan smirked.

"OMG am I dreaming or is it really a MV AGUSTA?" I gawked at the hot machine.

"Yeah, people call it that, but I prefer Cady," Trystan shrugged.

I looked at him for a moment and, then, laughed so hard at his statement that I fell on the floor.

"You named this sexy thing over a Mean Girl character?" I gagged.

"Aha, that's my point. My bike is sexy, and so is Lindsay Lohan. Thus, the name," Trystan explained, his face beaming with pride.