Chapter Three

Chapter Three

I bought a few extra things that would help me train Hannibal.

He was like a wild dog, and while I was touched by him coming to my defense, I didn't need him to do that and I wanted him to understand that. I could handle myself just fine. Leaving Dimitri to stew because he hadn't gotten the best of me was how I did things. Yes, I could've punched him senseless and broken his nose-- again, but that would've scared Bella and ruined her business. If we had been anywhere else, I probably would've caved into temptation and broken his face open.

But that was on my own.

I didn't want Hannibal to think he was my shield or my defense mechanism. While some people tended to mistake me for a damsel in distress, I most certainly wasn't.

I grew up in the slums of another realm, forced to fight a battle every second of my life, both for my own and my mother's. We didn't have much while I was growing up, and when we finally came into some money, my mother couldn't fight anymore and died, leaving all the money from her previous husband to me. It was our struggle, our fight, that taught me how to defend myself.

And that is what I've always known, and always will know.

And Hannibal would know it too.

As punishment for what he did in town, I bought him a leather black muzzle. Not the puppy play sort of muzzle, but a simple black leather strap that fit firmly over his mouth, cupped his chin, and buckled in the back. He didn't complain or snap at me when I attached it to his head. He just watched me with those mismatched eyes. It was so hard to know what he was thinking, and while I told him I wouldn't ask anymore personal questions, it still bothered me that I didn't know much about him. It didn't help that I had just muzzled him.

I sat on the sofa, flipping blindly through another magazine as I watched Hannibal put away the groceries we had stopped to grab on the way home. He didn't seem to be reacting angrily or frustrated. It was like he understood why I did it, but it still didn't change that he thought his actions were justified. I sighed, closing my magazine and tossing it aside.

"Hannibal, come here." I commanded. Hannibal put down everything he was holding and came across the room to me, standing behind the sofa. I gestured for him to come around and I patted the sofa between my legs. He obeyed, sitting on his knees in front of me.

Yeah, there was no denying that this position was incredibly arousing, but I couldn't let that distract me now. Right now, Hannibal had to learn that, while his intentions were good, the consequences could have been bad.

I leaned forward and unbuckled the muzzle from over his mouth, placing it on the coffee table, looking back to see him brush his fingertips over his lips before lowering them as I cleared my throat.

"Do you know why I'm upset with you, Hannibal?"

"Yes. Sir."

"Are you going to do that kind of thing again?"

"Maybe out back next time, sir." Hannibal answered non-chalantly. I couldn't resist laughing at that and I hated myself for it. I couldn't be strict, especially with Hannibal. Not when he was witty and fun to listen to.

"Gods, it's so hard to stay angry with you," I whined, scooting forward and putting my arms around him to hug him to me, "You're just too cute. I'm letting you off easy this time since you're new and that was a typical response for that kind of situation, but next time, don't worry about it, Hannibal. I'm a big boy; I can kick ass and take names on my own." Hannibal didn't look convinced, but he only nodded and I smiled lightly at that, cupping his face in my hands and leaning in to kiss him gently on the lips. He responded hungrily, parting his lips against mine and taking my tongue into his mouth. I groaned at his eagerness, but I wasn't going to let him take control. I switched us around roughly so I was pushing him down on his back on the sofa, looking down at him greedily.