News-Chapter One

I am just a Thymus Cell. There isn't much special to me. I haven't yet found my specialty. Bacteria are just part of my life. I know, I know. As a human you're probably freaking out. I mean like seriously, if you're reading my story you're probably flipping out over me not finding bacteria the incredibly fascinating. But you have a choice to study, read, and fawn over the wonders of bacteria. I never have.

I came into existence in bone marrow and made my way to the Thymus Gland. I learned all about my host's cells, every tiny little thing you can imagine, and I retained that knowledge. I went out into the field. I patrol. I monitor. I keep everything in my path under control. I keep my host alive. Yeah, it's a purpose but it's not like I could stop doing it either. The difference between you host's and us cells is you have choice. I see an invader. I take kill it. Nothing to it, no challenge, no reward. It just is what it is. War.

Unlike my peers, I don't have fun going out and destroying bacteria. I don't feel the need to go out and find that one invader to make my specialty. Everything in the human body is old news and I never really felt that need to go out and find some new news. Until that news was thrown right in my face.