Songs Off 1989 About Harry

All lyrics that Taylor has written about Harry because Haylor is dead right now.

ALBUM: 1989

Songs that are not about Harry:

Welcome To New York
New Romantics
Bad Blood
Blank Space
Shake It Off

1. Style

Hidden Message: "Her heart belonged to someone who couldn't stay."

Taylor talking about Style: "It's basically one of those relationships that's always a bit off ... The two people are trying to forget each other. So, it's like, "All right, I heard you went off with her," and well, I've done that, too"

This song is the most obvious about Harry along with Out of the Woods - from the name dropping (Harry STYLEs), the paper plane necklace in the video, and the Harry-lookalike guy playing her love interest.

"Midnight, you come and pick me up, no headlights"

Harry is picking her up in the middle of the night. "Midnight" and "no headlights" represents how secret they wanted the relationship to be because of their fame. This adds to the obvious theory that this song is about her relationship with Harry, as their relationship was highly publicized and scrutinized by the media and fans alike. "No headlights" is a reminder of the secrecy of this love – it exists in the dark and shining light (i.e. paparazzi flashing lights) on it can only cause it to come crashing down.

"Fade into view, oh, It's been a while since I have even heard from you"

The lyric, "it's been awhile since I have even heard from you", is about how they met up after the breakup.

"I should just tell you to leave 'cause I
Know exactly where it leads but I
Watch us go 'round and 'round each time."

She knows how this will end and that she should leave, but she just can't. This may be a reference to sex. She may feel guilty later on but she always repeats the same mistake.

"You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye
And I got that red lip classic thing that you like"

This is a reference to Harry's similar resemblance to James Dean, an actor. James Dean can be deemed as the original, classic bad boy. Taylor specifically uses this metaphor as she wishes to convey that although her lover was the typical example of a bad boy, there was a level of elegance and timelessness about him that she couldn't resist. This is also a reference to Taylor's signature red lips in which she quotes in many of her songs.

"And when we go crashing down, we come back every time, 'Cause we never go out of style, we never go out of style"

In an interview with Global News, Taylor described the nature of the relationship that inspired this song: "This song is about those relationships that are never really done. You always kind of have that person, that one person who you feel might interrupt your wedding and be like, 'Don't do it cause we're not over yet'. I think everybody has that one person who kind of floats in and out of their life, and the narrative is never truly over."

"You got that long hair, slicked back, white t-shirt
And I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt"

Harry is known for his long slicked back hair and a signature white t-shirt. Taylor is also known for being a good girl/well-behaved girl.