Two

Flashback about 1015 AD Athens, Greece:

A boy of ten and five was being monitored by curious eyes. His mother had passed five years ago and his father had died in battle against the Bulgarians. He did what he needed to make do.

He moved through the crowds with ease his hands taking jewellery and coins as he walked. He used what he stole to pay for his boat. He was a fisherman, but fishing wasn't really paying much, he needed to get out into deeper waters.

Amun watched the child with interest from the shadows. He'd learnt the boy's name was Demetrius, and he was a talented thief. He was quick, agile and could find anything anywhere. He wondered what his human skills would manifest into after the change.

He followed the teen swiftly as they came to a lone ally. It seemed the boy had noticed him watching.

"Who are you, and why are you following me?" He asked a shake in his voice as he tried to be brave holding a small blade in the direction of the vampire.

"The real question is, whom are you?" Amun asked stalking closer his red eyes glowing under his hood. Demetri managed a glimpse under the hood and saw ruby red eyes looking over his form curiously. "You're quite a talented thief." He already knew that though, he was quick, agile and could find anything anywhere.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Demetri made to pass the man only to get stopped as he reached a pasty tanned hand into the satchel at Demetri's side.

"Oh so this is yours then?" He said lifting a clearly female coin pouch into view. Demetri tried to think of a quick answer, he'd never been caught before. "Don't worry, I'm not going to turn you in." He hands the pouch back. "I will however double it," he lifts his own coin pouch confusing Demetri.

"What do you want?"

"I want you to find something for me."

*****

"Remembering?" Demetri questioned as he stood behind her looking at the painting over her shoulder. He recognised the familiar architecture of his human home country but not the woman depicted.

"I don't have them, my memories" she informed him. "I couldn't remember anything before the change, so I don't know if these visions are memories or something my imagination made up. This picture though, it feels familiar, like... home."

"Human memories are for the most part lost over time, though some things tend to trigger them." He pointed out and she turned her head slightly to look at him.

"Who were you?" She asked. "I don't know who I was, if I had a family or friends before, so tell me about you?"

"Me?" he raised a brow and stepped around her to filter through the paperwork on the duchess at the back of the room. "I was a thief."

"A thief?"

"And a fisherman." His red eyes glanced up at her a small smile on his lips before returning to looking down at the papers in his hands again. "I don't remember my parents from what I gather they both died when I was young I grew up on the streets of Athens before Amun came for me." She watched him curiously as he moved to the next stack of papers and continued speaking. "He had been watching me, I didn't understand at the time but now-"

"He was searching for potentially gifted humans." Andy finished off for him and he nodded his head.

"He was and I could find anything. Still can."

"Then how did you end up with the Volturi, Amun likes to keep his... assets close?" She inquired thinking of Benjamin.

"I was hunting and met Felix." He removed a sealed envelope from papers and opened it his eyes skimming over the words as he turned back to face her. "I was getting bored with Amun, I needed to put my ability to use, the Volturi offered that and I accepted. I still would've gone even if Chelsea wasn't there."