Chapter 31: What. The. Hell. Are. You. Doing. Here?

My eyes were playing tricks on me. That was the only rational explanation for it. I was somehow imagining it because it just simply couldn't be.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I asked loudly, pointing my finger in the direction of the.... Culprit. I was so in shock, I didn't even pay attention to the stares I was receiving from both the models and workers of DH and the models of the other agency.

Mr Harrings looked between us in excitement. "Oh, you two know each other?"

No shit, Sherlock.

We both nodded in response to his question, our eyes locked on one another's.

"Well then," He piped up, clapping his hands, "that makes things much easier, doesn't it? I hope we can all get along these next couple of weeks and bring out the best of both agencies. Both Elaine Stanford and I can't wait to see what you all are capable of together." And with one more clap of his hands, he was out of our hairs.

I didn't waste any time and practically stomped up to the line of gorgeous people opposite from us. I stood in front of the familiar face, the person's build easily shadowing over mine.

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" I asked again, poking at his chest with every word. A small smirk crept its way onto his face, only making me even more agitated. "Seriously Alexander, what the hell?"

He looked away from me for a few seconds before he quickly took me by the arm and pulled me away from his line towards a corner where there weren't that many people. Once he let go of me, I crossed my arms and eyed him intensively, waiting for his response. He noticed my sudden change of mood.

"Geez Marianne, how am I supposed to say anything when you're staring at me like that?" He sighed, ruffling his hair. "You look scary as fuck."

I'll show you scary.

"OW!" He yelled, taking a couple of steps backwards and gripping his left arm. "What was that for?!"

"Wow, can't even take a punch from a girl?" Elliott's voice laced with amusement filled our ears. To say that I was surprised when I saw the two exchange a 'bro' greeting would definitely be an understatement. "You have a friend? Other than me?"

I couldn't help but laugh, knowing exactly where Elliott was coming from.

Shouldn't I be asking the same question? How is he friends with Elliott?? I thought he wasn't the 'friendly' type. Heck, it took him forever to finally start talking to me.

"Don't look so surprised for God's sake Marianne, we go way back." Alexander shrugged.

Small world, huh?

"Oh." I sighed. "I guess that makes sense." An awkward silence began to crawl in. I started swaying back and forth on my tiptoes, staring at anything but their faces, their two very beautiful and intimidating faces.

"So.." I began, hoping it would build up into a sentence, which it didn't.

"So?" Elliott mimicked, looking first at me, then at his 'buddy'.

"So." Alexander echoed, making the awkwardness take a big fat U-turn, returning it to its master; me.

Luckily, I didn't have to open my mouth and make things even more awkward, which usually does happen whenever I do decide to open my mouth. A tall lady with dark, black hair that reached her butt came up to us and politely asked us to get back in line before she started to speak loudly.

"Okay, so you all know the drill here." She began. "We work in groups of four per shoot. Each group will consist of two models per agency. If I call your name, please step forward, recognise who you'll be working with, then come and take one of these."