Hear That Kid? We're A Hit

I watched the scene unfold from backstage. Asher walked onto the stage wearing his letterman jacket with his hair slicked back walking straight up to Adam, Liam, and Tyler. Who played Sonny, Doody, and Putzie. This was it. The final scence in my final high school musical. It was surreal and I was watching it all play out.

"Hey there's Zuko!" Adam (Sonny) said pointing to Asher as he got closer.

"You got to be kidding man!" Liam (Doody) said shaking his head as he noticed what Asher was wearing.

"Well, Well, Well..." Tyler (Putzie) said with a slight smirk. The walked to meet Asher center stage.

"Hey Danny!" Adam said clapping Asher on the back.

"Hey, hey! What is this, Halloween?" Liam asked walking around Asher. Trying to see if what he was wearing was actually real.

"Where did you swipe this letterman's sweater, huh?" Tyler asked laughing while sticking a toothpick in his mouth. It hung out slightly, giving him that real bad boy look he was trying to go for. If only the audience knew how long it took him to be able to speak with a toothpick in his mouth without it falling out of him accidentally choking on it.

"While you tools were out stealing hubcaps, I lettered in track. How do you like that?" Asher said fixing his jacket. He looked like a real jock. Though, we really don't have those here at our school. But I guess he is like a jock. Considering the future rockstars are the "jock" of the school. I mean, they scream bad boy. And ain't that the same as a "jock"? The boys started laughing even more.

"I can't believe it. Danny Zuko turned jock?" Liam said pushing Asher a bit. Asher smiled that breathtaking smile of his before answering.

"That's right. I did." Asher said slightly cocky with a slight wink. I never realized how great of an actor Asher was. Probably because I've never seen him act in a scene longer than 10 minutes. He always said acting wasn't his thing and that he wanted to focus on his music but damn. He's really good at this. He was a natural. I mean he's just a talented kid. A talented kid that I'm gawking over backstage like a love sick freshman. Except when I was a freshman I was love sick. Love sick for him. In love with him. I missed what they have been saying. I lost track and that's not really a good thing, considering gotta go on stage soon. I'm just hoping I haven't missed my mark.

"Oh C'mon guys, you know you mean a lot to me. It's just that Sandy does too. And I-I'm gonna do anything I can to get her, that's all." Asher said shrugging. That was my cue to enter. I strutted on stage like it was a catwalk and I was a model. The boys whistled as I walked by, as they were supposed to, but my eyes were fixed on one boy. Asher.

"Sandy!" Asher said in shock.

"Tell me about it stud!" I said before popping a fake cigarette in my mouth. Asher walked towards me. He started singing.

"I got chills they're multiplyin'

And I'm losin' control

'Cos the power you're supplyin'

It's electrifyin'" He fell to the floor and started crawling towards me.

"You better shape up, 'cos I need a man

And my heart is set on you" I sang pushing him away with my heels. He sprung up and I walked around him. I continued to sing.

"You better shape up, you better understand

To my heart I must be true" I sang. We sang through the last scene of the play. I was lost in the moment. I wasn't even worried about who was in the crowd I was just worried about finishing this musical strong. I danced and sung my heart out. All the way up until the final note. The show ended and we got called out for a final bow. All the actors and actresses in the show lined up with the minor roles towards the end and the major roles towards the middle.