Part 6

I woke up to something wet and soft on my face. I cracked my eyes open to see Gerard kissing me repeatedly on my face. I giggled and pushed his face away from mine. He chuckled but continued to pepper kisses on my cheeks. I said "I never thought waking up with someone would be so annoying!" His boisterous laugh filled my tiny room and warmed my heart. I looked up at him with pride. I couldn't figure out how I'd gotten so lucky to have him with me. We'd only just met yesterday and I already didn't want to live without him.

Even with everything going so wrong yesterday, today seemed to be looking up. He kissed me on the lips and I squealed and ducked down while rolling off of the bed. I could feel the exertion on my back and in between my legs but ignored it. "Why are you running away?" He asked with a broad smile upon his face. Just seeing him smile made me smile.

I admired his beauty. His hair stood at every which way and I could see the sleep still in his eyes but he was magnificent. I wondered if I was in love with him. I decided that if I wasn't yet, I would be very soon. "That's gross! I haven't brushed my teeth yet." I replied. He laughed and retorted "I don't care. I haven't brushed mine yet either." I just shrugged with a smirk on my face and went into the bathroom.

I could hear a knock at my bedroom door but I let Gerard get it as I finished brushing my teeth. I could hear men talking over the sound of the sink but I just ignored it as rinsed my mouth out. I knew that it was probably no one that I wanted to deal with. Gerard came and leaned against the door frame as I brushed out the kinks in my hair. "That was Alpha Damien. He wants to speak to me and my current Alpha that just arrived. I have to go have a meeting with them so I'll be a while. You'll be ok?" Gerard asked while giving me a weary look. I nodded and kissed his lips as I went into my closet. I was glad that it was about him and not me. I didn't want to talk to Damien for as long as I live but I'd accept a couple hours.

I heard him leave the room as I picked out a red sweatshirt and a torn up pair of dark blue jeans. I wanted to be as comfortable as I could. My body still hurt and I didn't want to do my chores but I knew that I had to. I got my day off and that was that. I went back into the bedroom and grabbed underwear and a bra. I got dressed and hurried downstairs to start my chores for the day. I could feel my body protesting against the clothes as I moved but I just tried to ignore it. I refused to walk around naked.

I was glad that Damien didn't wake me at the crack of dawn to cook the entire pack breakfast. He must have realized that after everything happened yesterday that I deserved to sleep in. I started making the pack lunch by putting together a sandwich buffet. I set out slices of ham and torn turkey with different sauces. I cut up slices of tomato and lettuce and set them all out with buns. I linked everyone telling them that lunch was served and went into the living room to start cleaning.

I rearranged all of the messy DVD's and video games back on the shelves. I folded all of the blankets that were laying around and fixed the throw pillows. There were three big couches circling around the giant flat screen set on the wall. The couches were dark chocolate in color as was the wall that the TV and shelves were up against. I vacuumed the humongous room and wiped the nonexistent dust on all the shelves before cleaning the windows.

When I went back into the kitchen, Gerard was there eating along with Damien and a man I had never seen. I knew that he must Gerard's Alpha because I sensed the air of power that demanded respect. I bowed to show them respect before I pulled out the cleaning products and started cleaning up the leftovers that had managed to make their way all over the counters and table.

I cleared everything before starting to do all the dishes. I didn't pay attention to what the men were talking about because I knew it was none of my business. As I was cleaning silverware, I felt a pair of arms cage me into the counter. I jumped and dropped everything in my hands making a loud clanging sound. I looked back and realized it was Gerard and instantly relaxed. I thanked the moon goddess that it wasn't Damien. Gerard wouldn't stick around if he knew about Damien.

"You're working awfully hard." He murmured into my neck. I smiled but just started washing the dishes again. "Why don't you let someone else finish and we can go watch a movie or something?" He asked as he spun me around. I shook my head and turned back around to finish. I knew that Damien would never allow me to put off my chores. He was barely content with what I did now. Hell, he beat me enough to tell me he was displeased enough. "How come?" He asked confused.

I could hear the hurt in his voice that I would rather clean then spend time with him but Damien would lose his mind. I finished the dishes and dried my hands before turning back around and kissing him sweetly. I debated on telling him that I was Omega but I didn't want to if I could help it. Having the low status was like having nothing but demerits no matter the good I've done. Saying that I was Omega meant saying that I had committed something bad. Being the pack slave was just a punishment. "These are my chores. I can't let someone else do them. Alpha's orders. We can do something when I'm done. I have to finish the kitchen and clean Alpha's room then I'll be done."

I kissed him again before I started scrubbing all of the counters. He stood there watching me before asking "Why do you have to do it all?" I turned back to him and sighed. I didn't want to have this conversation right now; especially with Damien's eyes burning a hole into the back of my head. "I offered," I lied easily and continued "it's the least I can do."

I turned and smiled at Damien and got back to cleaning. Damien got up and walked to the opposite side of the island that I was on. Damien spoke up "Scarlet, has Gerard told you the news?" I shook my head and continued cleaning like I knew that he would want. He continued "Gerard is officially going to become a member of this pack. Alpha Steven and myself have just discussed over the details. Gerard's initiation ceremony will take place a couple weeks. Isn't that good news?"

I looked back at Gerard to see him smiling happily at me. I turned back to Damien to see him smiling as well but I could see something sinister in his eyes as he turned his eyes back to me. I nodded before looking down at the beautiful granite countertop. Alpha Steven stood up from the table and shook hands with Damien before exiting. Damien gave me a pointed look then left the room.

Gerard pulled me into his arms and breathed in my scent. "Cut the bullshit. I know you didn't offer to do all of the chores. Are you Omega?" I nodded in shame and looked down. I didn't want to see him look at me in disgrace. He was probably thinking that I wasn't good enough for him and he was right.

I knew that it would come out eventually but I wanted to be selfish and bask in his kindness and loving nature for as long as I could. He sighed and turned me around in his arms. "I was too but joining this pack improved my status." He said while looking me in the eye. There was a look of hurt that flashed across his face but was gone quickly. I could see that talking about it was painful for him and I knew something awful must have happened for him to be a lowly Omega. He kissed my forehead and ignored my questioning look as he left the room.

So many questions flew through my mind at this new information. Why was he omega? Had he been born that way or did he commit a crime? Was he like me that it was because his parents? I hurriedly finished cleaning the kitchen which took a while because I had to scrub the spacious tile floor. I tried not to curse anyone's name while I worked my muscles sore but it seemed that the Alpha's name was always on my tongue.

My face was dripping with sweat from the exertion but I just wiped it away with my sleeve before heading to Damien's room on the fourth floor. He had the entire floor to himself but he usually didn't use the other rooms. I started by gathering all of the dirty laundry on the floor and stripping the bed of its dirty sheets. I could only imagine the disgusting bodily fluids I was touching but I just pushed through. I vacuumed and then set to work on the bathroom. I hated cleaning up all of the hair in the drain and the piss on the toilet seat but I did it without complaint. I would just be hit anyway.