quatre

"Lauren? Wake up, attorney."

"Early," I whine.

"Waffles or pancakes?" Alessandra asks softly, waking me up from my much needed sleep.

"Waffles. Pancakes are, like, the muffin equivalent of cupcakes," I mumble sleepily. I honestly don't even know what I just said.

She laughs. "Okay. Strawberries or chocolate?"

"Strawberry jam, please. Thank you," I reply in my half-asleep state.

"Okay. Go shower and brush your teeth so I can kiss you already. I'll be done with breakfast by the time you finish."

I groan in my pillow. "It's so early."

I feel the side of the bed dip, and a hand gently rub my back. "It's 11am, Lauren. Come on, it's a Sunday. You're going back to uni tomorrow and I'll have to share you again until the weekend."

"One kiss then I'll get up."

She kisses my cheek. "Now get up, asshole," she says with a laugh. 

Because I'm a whipped piece of crap, I do as she says: I take a shower, brush my teeth, and put on a tank top and boxers. I walk to our kitchen, and find Alessandra humming La Vie En Rose as she prepares our plates on the counter.

"Good morning, royal cuteness," I greet her cheerfully and she smiles in amusement. I assist her in setting up our brunch.

She kisses my cheek. "It's already the afternoon, but good morning, lazy ass. Oh, and Sam already left. She told me to tell you that, and I quote, You better fucking buy groceries or I will beat your ass, Rubio."

I laugh and mentally remind myself to buy groceries.

"This looks delicious," I say honestly as we sit across each other and start eating. I involuntarily let out a moan after my first bite.

The corners of her lips turn up. "I take it that you like it?"

"Love it. You've never made me moan that loud before."

"Uhh, babe, I'm pretty sure you woke up the entire state last night."

My cheeks warm up instantly. "Have I ever told you how much I hate you?"

She tilts her head to the side and smirks. "I could literally just take off my shirt, and you'd be on your knees, Lauren." It's true.

"Yes, and that's why I hate you," I say as I point my forkful of waffles at her.

She quickly leans forward and takes a huge bite of my brunch.

"Hey! That's mine!" I whine.

"You should stop talking and start eating, then," she says and winks. Her phone vibrates on our table. She picks it up, her eyebrows raised, then she smiles after seeing the message.

It's probably another modelling gig, I think to myself. I resume finishing my brunch. Once I finish my food, I look up and find her still smiling at her phone. So I take the opportunity and eat the rest of her waffles. She doesn't even notice me. She doesn't notice anything even after I've already cleaned up our table and washed the dishes. She doesn't even notice me leave and head back to my room. Must be some bigshot shoot again, I muse, so I sit on my bed and review for my classes tomorrow. I check my phone, and I notice that I have several new messages.