The Month Of Pure Happiness Or So I Thought

[Maya's POV]

I woke up to an arm around my waist. I tried to move my legs but I couldn't. Then it hit me! Lucas! I thought he was sleeping on the floor. Riley is going to kill me if she finds out. I turn around and find him smiling.

"Wake up!" I screamed, "I thought you were sleeping on the floor!?"

"Well, I was sleeping on the floor but then I looked at you and saw how you looked so comfortable." He replied, "So I jumped into your bed making sure not to wake you up and decided to cuddle with you."

"Well I never said you could!"

"Your body definitely said so. You're the one who got our legs tangled!"

There was a moment of silence. I was debating whether I should tell Riley or not. "I'm telling Riley."

"What?"

"Lucas, she deserves to know."

"Hey! You called me Lucas!"

"Yeah whatever. Now let's get going before she gets suspicious and accuses me of lying."

"Ok."

"I'll take a quick shower and then you can jump in."

"Jump in with you?" he said taking a step closer.

I took a step back to avoid being caught in his arms, "In your dreams Huckleberry." I giggled.

I quickly took a shower then got dressed. By the time I ws done putting on my makeup, Lucas was already done. "Let's go!"

We got to Riley's apartment and she buzzed us in

"You guys are so late!" She screamed, "Wait. Why did you two get here at the same time?"

"Um..." I started to say

"I decided to pick her up because we were going to the same place and her house is on the way to yours too" Lucas said interrupting me. I would usually yell at him but in this case he basically saved me.

"Oh, ok."

"Farkle." We heard Farkle say through the intercom.

"Come up." Riley yelled into the box.

"Hey guys." Farkle greeted us, "Um... Maya can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, sure, why not?" I waited for him to say something.

"In private." He said gesturing towards the empty hall.

"Um... sure."

We walked into the hallway "So what happened with you and Lucas last night?" he asked getting to the point.

"What do you mean?" How did he know? "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh come on Maya. Don't play dumb with me! I was watching you make out with him for a whole 5 minutes. But then I got bored so I left."

"Oh. In that case, nothing really. We just made out for like 30-60 minutes but that's nothing."

"NOTHING!? MAYA WE BO-" I cut him off by covering his mouth with my hand.

"Could you be any louder?"

"Sorry." He said, "Now back to what I was saying." I raised my hand in warning as he put his hands up and "surrendered" "don't worry I won't be loud."

"Ok, go on"

"You can't just say that the moment with Lucas meant nothing to you."

"Of course it meant something to me. I just don't want to hurt Riley."

"That reminds me. You're going to tell Riley, right?"

"Of course I am."

"Ok good."

"So are we good here?" I said interrupting the silence.

"Yes. Yes we are."

We went back into the living room to find Riley and Lucas Making out. Wow. I don't know what to say. So, I run out. I leave the three of them there. I ran all the way to my house. I managed not to cry until I got to my destination. Once I did, I cried and cried and cried and cried. After about an hour of crying mom came home.

"I don't know what to do anymore!" I said sobbing into her arms.

"It's alright." She said trying to calm me down, "Everything's going to be alright."

"He kissed her. They were making out in her living room."

"I know it hurts now honey, but sooner or later, you'll get over him."

"I don't know if I will. I've liked him for so long now." I said crying even more.

"Well, we could go shopping?" She recommended.

"That would be perfect. But can I call Riley first I need to tell her something."

"Yes, of course."

I called riley but she didn't pick up. Thank god.

"Hey Riles! I wanted to tell you about what happed yesterday. I just don't want to keep any secrets from you. I kissed Lucas. For like 30 minutes to an hour. We lied to you about him picking me up. He actually stayed at my house. My mom didn't want him to walk alone at 10:30 at night especially in our neighborhood. I never meant to hurt anything between you two. If I did I'm really sorry. I didn't call to tell you this because I wanted to ruin your relationship I just didn't want to keep any secrets from you. I understand if you don't want to talk to me ever again. I'm sorry."

I wanted to cry but we were going to the mall so I tried my best not to.

"K were here. What do you want to buy?" Mom asked.

"I was thinking clothes and some makeup." I replied.

"Ok, I need those too, so let's go!"

[Time skip to after the mall]

"That was fun!" Mom said.

"Yeah it was. Thank you for buying me all of this stuff!"

"Yeah, no problem! I never really get to spend any mother and daughter time with you, so I decided that It would be cool if we started doing that now."

"Well I'm glad we did."

It was silent in the car until she remembered something. Something I wish she hadn't remembered. "Oh, I almost forgot! Jake is home!"

"Oh." Um... Should I lie to her? "That's great." Apparently I should.

We got home and heard the TV from outside. Yup that's definitely Jake.

"Well, here's your stop! I'm going to work and I won't be home until morning."

"Oh, ok."

"Call me if you need anything. Got it?"

"Got it".

Ientered the house and didn't see anyone. I closed the door and like in one ofthose creepy horror films, Jake was standing behind the door. "Did ya miss me,bitch." He took his fist and swung it across my face like there was notomorrow. I screamed then passed out.