Chapter 9

Camila's POV 

Dinah and Shawn were laughing their asses off. Apparently, it was funny to them that I got stuck on a date with Lucy. This wasn't the reason I told them about it, I needed their help, I didn't want them to laugh at me. Sitting in the driver's seat, I waited for them to stop laughing. I looked at my wrist, examining the time on my nonexistent watch.

"Are you guys done yet?" My eyebrows furrowed.

"No," Dinah was lying on the back seat, while Shawn sat in the passenger seat, and put his seat back. Oh sure, get more comfortable while laughing at my problem. It's not a big deal.

"We'll... finish in like... ten more minutes," Shawn said between his laughter. His hands held his stomach, I guess it was hurting from how much he was laughing. "I can't... breathe," He gasped for air. It would've helped if he didn't laugh anymore. 

"Okay, okay," Dinah was getting herself put together. "Shawn, let's stop." Finally, she decided to be a real friend, supporting me. That's what I needed right now.

"Yeah, or you can walk home." I threatened.

Instantly, Shawn's smile and laugh faded. Wow, that was impressive; how was he able to look so serious within seconds? He had skills. If it were me, I would've still been struggling with the laughing. He had to teach me how to do that.

"Okay then," Shawn actually looked like a mature, decent guy now. "So what do you want us to do?" He cracked his knuckles, getting ready for solutions.

I had something in mind already.

"From you, nothing." I looked over my seat to direct my full attention to Dinah. "From you, everything." Shh sat up as if willing to do whatever I wanted. "Ask Lucy out so she can forget about me," I grinned like it was no big deal.

"Um?" Her eyebrows arched in shock and confusion.

Holy shit. No, that couldn't happen; Vero liked Dinah, I couldn't do that to her. Well there went my simple solution. That was not an option anymore. I brought my hand to my forehead, feeling helpless. There had to be another way out. I couldn't think of anything at the moment.

"Just kidding," I played it off, and she puffed out a sigh of relief.

"What do you have in mind though?" She wondered. Nothing now.

"I don't know," I shrugged and slouched in the driver's seat.  

I just looked out the car window, watching people walk out of school. We were still in the parking lot, just parked. We were supposed to leave a few minutes ago, but we were waiting in case Vero showed up. Even though she had her own car, we wanted to make sure she had left already. It would've been messed up just to leave, especially since the three of us were all together, minus her. Minus, oh, that reminded me of math, which reminded me of Lauren. Lauren! I really wanted and needed her.

"Hey, do we really have to talk about this right now?" Shawn sounded bored. "Can we talk about how hot Miss Jauregui is instead?" He sounded pretty interested in that topic. He looked up as if imagining something, probably a fantasy. Oh wow.

"Get over it," I murmured.

"She's like a goddess." Dinah went back to laying down. "With piercing green eyes. Ughhh." Dinah whined.

"Yeah, but there's something wrong with you too," Shawn replied. "You never want to talk about Miss Jauregui. Is it too weird for you because she's your teacher? Does it disturb you to think of her as hot?" He assumed that was the problem. If only he knew. Well good thing that's what he thought. It was better than having him believe anything else.